British Speedway Forum

Championship League Riders' Championship at Poole

38 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Man under discussion Tom Brennan pictured last night. Sum nasty looking marks on his arms alone from injuries (ciclred in red). These lads must carry many disfiguring marks on their bodies from burns, skin grafts & operations etc. Total respect :t:

20220824_184711_2_2.JPG.92ee9f017fa32f69cd0445e7554892a1.JPG

veins in arms....

a sign of body building and fitness regime and low body fat and defined muscles.

can also be increased blood pressure and poor circulation.

they certainly don't look like speedway injuries?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

My only criticism of the BSN coverage is that they should show some of the stadium atmosphere(music,announcements, interviews etc)rather than struggling to say something different every time it goes back to Comms or the Booth!!

BTW Big congrats to Adam Roynon for his great comments about the Poole track and Stadium.  It seems that all or certainly most of the riders - not just last night - liked the track as opposed to some of the keyboard warriors on here.

PS. MPT should never have tried to compete. He was depriving another rider of a place in the final - or they could have used a guest.............!;)

He should never have been injured, Lawson shouldn't have put him through the fence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Neither are anywhere near good enough imo. The opportunity to get a place in Poland is difficult in the extreme. Brennan has been around for quite a few years now and won’t get to the level of King, Lawson or Wright. He would have broken through by now. Flint certainly won’t. Both championship riders. Brennan will get further than Flint but when you compare them to Polish riders at the same age, well they are well behind the curve.

People moaned left right and Center about Poole’s bumpy track, so they took out all the bumps, and now people moan about Poole’s perfectly smooth and fast track. Just perhaps they moan for moanings sake, as it’s Poole. The track was fine last night. There were some great races. Didn’t the Lawson/Batchelor/Wright race thrill? If not, then perhaps the sport is no longer for you? The track is there and allows riders to produce great races, if they wish to go for it. We see it often enough in league meetings here. Just perhaps, riders not in contention were not pushing it as they had nothing to gain? And Riders like Masters, Pickering, King, etc are very hard to catch if they gate? 

Pretty sure the crowd there last night enjoyed the whole meeting, even if it was too long and drawn out. Blame the ref not the club. 

Not sure on Flint but Brennan will easily surpass the likes of King and Lawson. Pretty comfortably. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, iainb said:

4th... Oļegs Mihailovs came 3rd... where is Olegs now?

Er riding for Latvia in SoN. But given I clearly stated the majority of top under 21 riders don't become GP regulars this is hardly a helpful example. You should also note that most GP riders don't make  it until mid 20s, often peaking in their 30s it is ridiculously premature to form such conclusions.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, lewy said:

He should never have been injured, Lawson shouldn't have put him through the fence.

He never touched him - I was there, some 30 metres away with a clear view. 

In any case he should not have declared himself fit to ride last night. He almost took Douglas out on a smooth track, coming off Turn 4 in his first lap! A danger to himself and other riders!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Er riding for Latvia in SoN. But given I clearly stated the majority of top under 21 riders don't become GP regulars this is hardly a helpful example. You should also note that most GP riders don't make  it until mid 20s, often peaking in their 30s it is ridiculously premature to form such conclusions.

Jason Doyle was still riding championship in his late 20s/ early 30s I'm sure. Some riders bloom later than others totally agree

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

In any case he should not have declared himself fit to ride last night. He almost took Douglas out on a smooth track, coming off Turn 4 in his first lap! A danger to himself and other riders!

Let everyone make their own judgement. The view was overwhelming at the time that it was unfair riding.

The impact on Plymouth, Peterborough and MPT himself has clearly been dramatic.

There are far more dangerous people walking round in society and on speedway bikes than a partially fit MPT aren't there!??

He never touched him - I was there, some 30 metres away with a clear view. Has about as much credibility as Boris saying there were no Parties in 10 Downing Street to my knowledge

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Should have gone to Specsavers

• Like 2

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Didn't touch him a lot though did he? Anyway hasn't this been done to death now! 

Lol... you can't just ride through a rider as if he wasn't there, MPT clearly HAD to take avoiding action as Lawson rode straight through him and by the time Lawson DID touch him, however slight, it was only going to end one way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, iainb said:

Lol... you can't just ride through a rider as if he wasn't there, MPT clearly HAD to take avoiding action as Lawson rode straight through him and by the time Lawson DID touch him, however slight, it was only going to end one way. 

Rode through him?? How can you ride through someone, whilst only just touching them?! Might be trying to go for same line, but that's it!

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Let everyone make their own judgement. The view was overwhelming at the time that it was unfair riding.

The impact on Plymouth, Peterborough and MPT himself has clearly been dramatic.

There are far more dangerous people walking round in society and on speedway bikes than a partially fit MPT aren't there!??

He never touched him - I was there, some 30 metres away with a clear view. Has about as much credibility as Boris saying there were no Parties in 10 Downing Street to my knowledge

He clearly touched him he tried to ride through him what was MPT supposed to do

59 minutes ago, iainb said:

Should have gone to Specsavers

51 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Didn't touch him a lot though did he? Anyway hasn't this been done to death now! 

Sorry yes it’s how much you touch someone not if… He steamed under MPT who had to take avoiding action 

15 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Have a look in slow motion he didn't touch him, you could have got a bus between them 

You must be totally blind

Lawson was out of order against Tungate the other week at Ipswich … now Tungate even though he rides for my club isn’t exactly my favourite rider but it seems many riders have an issue with Mr Lawson and his ‘tactics’

Poole have had their fair share of dirty riders over the years Dakota North and Dennis Andersson spring to mind …. Same as all clubs …. Just seems Poole fans just don’t accept any criticism at all

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

I think a lot of Pirates are wearing two eye patches :rofl:

You are just being over dramatic as usual. Take last night for example, you said the track was dangerous, yet all the riders were happy with it! So maybe you are the one with the two eye patches! 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Gavan said:

He clearly touched him he tried to ride through him what was MPT supposed to do

Sorry yes it’s how much you touch someone not if… He steamed under MPT who had to take avoiding action 

You must be totally blind

Lawson was out of order against Tungate the other week at Ipswich … now Tungate even though he rides for my club isn’t exactly my favourite rider but it seems many riders have an issue with Mr Lawson and his ‘tactics’

Poole have had their fair share of dirty riders over the years Dakota North and Dennis Andersson spring to mind …. Same as all clubs …. Just seems Poole fans just don’t accept any criticism at all

I've seen worse moves than that overtime, Gollob and Pedersen spring to mind, at the end of the day it's speedway not tidlywinks 

• Like 2

Quite right about Jason Doyle, I remember him being a fairly standard string string for years, then he came on a bundle and is where he is now.

But if you want to talk about late Bloomers, look no further than John Louis.