British Speedway Forum

Oxford v Edinburgh 17 August 2022 Championship

This team never know when they are beat.
I wouldn’t write us off against anyone over 2 legs. Sam & Josh - the best 1&5 in the league (imo). Lasse has been improving all season and showing he can win races. Kye really improving and now looking like the 3rd heat leader we’ve been missing. Paco could be a game changer, he’s more than capable but needs to find consistency. Young Jacob has been steadily improving all season and really starting to kick on for me. Sarj like Paco could be a game changer, had a horrible time with injuries but always capable of popping out the gate to win.

Bring on the playoffs

24 minutes ago, Edin03 said:

This team never know when they are beat.
I wouldn’t write us off against anyone over 2 legs. Sam & Josh - the best 1&5 in the league (imo). Lasse has been improving all season and showing he can win races. Kye really improving and now looking like the 3rd heat leader we’ve been missing. Paco could be a game changer, he’s more than capable but needs to find consistency. Young Jacob has been steadily improving all season and really starting to kick on for me. Sarj like Paco could be a game changer, had a horrible time with injuries but always capable of popping out the gate to win.

Bring on the playoffs

Would like a Poole vs Edinburgh QF in the playoffs (both teams won by 8 at home, so all even!), but the way the table is working out looking unlikely. Unless Edinburgh fancy slipping down to 6th?? ;) Not sure if that is even possible anymore.

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Would like a Poole vs Edinburgh QF in the playoffs (both teams won by 8 at home, so all even!), but the way the table is working out looking unlikely. Unless Edinburgh fancy slipping down to 6th?? ;) Not sure if that is even possible anymore.

Will be Edinburgh Vs Glasgow in play offs. Always is. Unless we finish 3rd

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

I’m certain it’ll be Redcar or Plymouth for us in the QF. I think most of the ties will be close, it should be an interesting end to the season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike.Butler said:

Enjoyed the meeting but way too dusty. Can anyone explain why the white water truck was going round and round endlessly without apparently putting any water on the track for the most part?

Maybe the driver gets paid by how many miles he travels? :party:

Edited by Nickinho

24 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You need 3 league points to finish second i think. 2 points and goes to points difference? Haven't checked whose is better yet. 

Think we've been better at home so might be better but like you haven't looked. Hopeful of a win at Redcar or Plymouth but could just as easily get 0 from both such has been the inconsistency this season 

10 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Think we've been better at home so might be better but like you haven't looked. Hopeful of a win at Redcar or Plymouth but could just as easily get 0 from both such has been the inconsistency this season 

Might get some Poole riders guesting for Plymouth maybe! ;)

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Who'd fit? Son of God and Stevie be too high I'd have thought?

With extra 5% allowed at home, Steve or Richard would fit for Barker. King for Kennett if they do r/r for MPT. Either Cook bro's fit for Bowtell with extra 5%. 

With points difference, Poole +114 and Glasgow +148. So 2 league points be enough. 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mike.Butler said:

Enjoyed the meeting but way too dusty. Can anyone explain why the white water truck was going round and round endlessly without apparently putting any water on the track for the most part?

Thames Water ban on watering.

18 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

With extra 5% allowed at home, Steve or Richard would fit for Barker. King for Kennett if they do r/r for MPT. Either Cook bro's fit for Bowtell with extra 5%. 

With points difference, Poole +114 and Glasgow +148. So 2 league points be enough. 

Can't imagine Steve wanting to risk his shoulder on Plymouth's tight track?!  Richard , Danny or either Cook - no problem.  Even Nathan for his mate McGurk if he's still injured.

• Like 1