Still think it should be done over a weekend like

Fri - Glasgow

Sat - Leicester

Sun - Poole

or

Fri - Poole

Sat - Leicester

Sun- Glasgow.

Leicester also av meetings on a Sunday as I went to one this season. And Poole originally had the Riders' Final on Saturday.

Cud be any every which way but loose! :D

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Neither Leicester or Glasgow got gifted a 60 point walk over against an under strength side so hardly see how that would be fair. Poole may have more of a chance by saying they had the better results and didn't rely on points difference. In any case fixtures should just be given by the the bspl and the clubs get on with it imo 

The next time this happens will be the first. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Poole will have the last leg, always do in any league, any competition.....

Factually incorrect. Another sweeping falsehood about Poole.

I'm sure my fellow Pirates cud name more examples than this one I have.....

2018 Premiership play off final Poole vs King's Lynn. Poole were home for the 1st leg & away for the 2nd leg. Made no difference coz we still won.

Check yer facts before u speak & making yerself look like a sagging sausage roll.

:party:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Turnip said:

2018 Premiership play off final Poole vs King's Lynn. Poole were home for the 1st leg & away for the 2nd leg. Made no difference coz we still won.

Check yer facts before u speak & making yerself look like a sagging sausage roll.

What's wrong with a sagging sausage roll, better than no sausage roll at all. Ok take your point ,not all but more often than not because they came top and had the choice, but if it was open to choice seemed to remember them choosing the last Weds in October taking a chance on the weather to get the last leg. 

Edited by gazzac
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Turnip said:

2013 Play off final Poole home in first leg, Then Birmingham away in the second leg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

I would not have gone to Sheffield but Poole is a possibility and maybe Leicester. 3 best teams in league. Good pragmatic decision.

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Sounds a better solution for Promotions try to make a bit of money out of the Final.

Sensible IMO.

BREAKING NEWS: British Speedway in sensible decision shocker!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I liked the idea of a one off 'Cup Final' at a neutral venue personally. More concerning though is that they can make a decision in the winter then change their minds in the summer as some see fit. Not really befitting of a professional sport.

Its just more proof that three teams are dictating how the championship is being run ,who do you think will benefit most from the proposed aggregate points return

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Its just more proof that three teams are dictating how the championship is being run ,who do you think will benefit most from the proposed aggregate points return

I think the Winner will benefit most from the aggregate points return. Wots the 'proposed' doing in there?

And if those 3 club's are 'dictating' how the Championship is run then they are leading the way in showing professionalism & there's nothing wrong in that. That isn't to say that other club's are not being run professionally it's just that I'm trying to figure out ur cryptic message.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Turnip
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

So the three teams in the final have worked out a way more of their supporters can see part of the final, and i would imagine make more money out the final as well

think these three teams need to be in charge of how the league is run

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

So the three teams in the final have worked out a way more of their supporters can see part of the final, and i would imagine make more money out the final as well

think these three teams need to be in charge of how the league is run

While it has saved the BSPL from a big loss from a one off at a neutral venue, the three extra heats and travel costs for seven extra visitors, when compared with a standard league meeting, mean it's not going to be a pot of gold for the three teams staging a home round. 

Edited by Beirao
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1