British Speedway Forum

Poole v Redcar. Championship. 17/8/22

To be fair the track looks as though it's riding OK,Ā credit to the track staff... never in doubtĀ :lol:

Will be interesting to see how the track progresses as they're normally riding the fence after a few races, will take a brave boy to go out there!

• Haha 1

First of allĀ big well done to the track staff on working very hard to get the meeting on. Lots of track work and an hours delay. Huge crowd in the stadium and it would probably have been even bigger but for the rain leading up to the meeting.Ā 

TheĀ track rode well. Lawson said in the press conference that he enjoyed the track and there was a fine line to get on once leading mid track. Too far out and sloppy, too far in and slippery.

Ben Cook again rider of the night and next season wants to ride both leagues. Held back this year due to visa not allowing it. He had to turn down guest bookings.

Pirates have a brand new mascot in Magic Pirate, who got swamped by the kids for photos. Crowd very loud, everyone went home very happy. Well done to the Redcar fans for making the very long trip down, after their rainoff at Plymouth yesterday. Unfortunately their team underperformed and it was pretty much one way traffic. Expected it to be a closer meeting but they had no answer.

Next week the Championship Riders meeting.Ā 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm not sure why r/r is nearly always put at number 2?

Presumably bcoz no1 is your best rider and they can carry the other ridersĀ coming in for the rr ride and plus ht8 for the rider replacement as the rider above whoā€™s outĀ should be an easier heat on paper,weirdly I was having the same discussion tonight lolĀ 

Good morning everyone from your Pirate radio station radio Caroline & there's no better way to kick the day off than a good old sing a long.....take it away sweet Caroline & all you thousands of beautiful Pirates fans.......

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Turnip
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, PTW said:

Presumably bcoz no1 is your best rider and they can carry the other ridersĀ coming in for the rr ride and plus ht8 for the rider replacement as the rider above whoā€™s outĀ should be an easier heat on paper,weirdly I was having the same discussion tonight lolĀ 

Had a similar discussion last night. What happened to heat 8 being a 'protected' heat?. If Riss had been fit he would never be at 2. If within the rules then very clever by the Redcar management.

57 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Anyone from 2-5 in averages can ride at number 2?Ā 

I'm fully aware of that but it doesn't detract from the fact that if Riss was fit to race, no way would he have been at 2!!Ā Ā 

No real complaint from me. Clever team management as i said. Just an observation about heat 8.

Edited by Skidder1