British Speedway Forum

Newcastle speedway

7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I agree.. something like last season needs to happen but it was easier to do with official websites etc still running to inform people.

What's the point of a website, if the place isn't actually up and running?

Am not into 'tech' that much, so how do you keep everyone 'in the loop'?

1 hour ago, highside said:

its a big poblem too many expect to get in fee , i sponsored so and so , he used to wash his bike at my house ,i used to clean his leathers the list goes on could name names but wont .

That was a problem at Swindon, about 1000 paying and 300/400 not.

7 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

What's the point of a website, if the place isn't actually up and running?

Am not into 'tech' that much, so how do you keep everyone 'in the loop'?

I meant last season as in arranging a meeting to get people together on how to keep us open.

This year I am not sure how we would inform everyone of a meeting taking place as obviously a lot of the fanbase won’t be on here, Twitter or Facebook.

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I meant last season as in arranging a meeting to get people together on how to keep us open.

This year I am not sure how we would inform everyone of a meeting taking place as obviously a lot of the fanbase won’t be on here, Twitter or Facebook.

Paper aeroplanes, or pigeons? ;)

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Gaz said:

I agree.. I was hoping maybe the Supporters Association would of tried to organise something, or at least put these ideas forward or any ideas they had. They could keep peoples money safe in their bank account to. 

The thing with the NSSC they have tried to organise a few things over the last couple of months & the interest has basically been 0 the 1 being cancelled last weekend as it was put on FB & that's probably a factor they aren't getting enough interest as some of our fans don't have FB 

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

Where are you going to find 1000 people interested in Newcastle speedway ? Less than half that figure was the average crowd last season.

May have got 6 to 7 or maybe 8 hundred in had the team been any good from the start

Edited by Justgotmecpc
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

May have got 6 to 7 or maybe 8 hundred in had the team been any good from the start

In addition, many fans were not convinced with Rob and felt his about turn to run was rather convenient. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

I also think although allegedly there was only 350 for Leicester, even though we were getting hammered there was still 550-700 for other matches with Glasgow, Redcar and Berwick bringing quite a few down. 
The crowds this season didn’t seem any worse than previous seasons really.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

I also think although allegedly there was only 350 for Leicester, even though we were getting hammered there was still 550-700 for other matches with Glasgow, Redcar and Berwick bringing quite a few down. 
The crowds this season didn’t seem any worse than previous seasons really.

If you had a view of the crowd from the back straight, you might've thought differently. Lots more grey on show and, am not talking about hair, just concrete. 

• Like 1

The main problem apart from getting enough people to fund the revival is getting an attractive

competitive team that will win matches at home, all this will cost more money to pay the better

riders.

This last year most people were not impressed with the overall strength of the team and when

you have your number one rider not being available after the first few matches, the weakness of the

team clearly showed up as time went on and the crowds slowly drifted away.until it was obvious

it couldn't continue.

Edited by scampispeedway
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, scampispeedway said:

The main problem apart from getting enough people to fund the revival is getting an attractive

competitive team that will win matches at home, all this will cost more money to pay the better

riders.

This last year most people were not impressed with the overall strength of the team and when

you have your number one rider not being available after the first few matches, the weakness of the

team clearly showed up as time went on and the crowds slowly drifted away.until it was obvious

it couldn't continue.

Do you think he would of ever made a number 1 as the twice I seen him  he looked more like a 3rd string and that is being nice.

I thought grant would of binned it after the Glasgow fiasco rather than sort the track out and that was to no one’s benefit either.

Edited by soupy
  • Like 1