British Speedway Forum

Oxford Vs Poole Jubilee Cup &Return 2nd-3rd August

48 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

What’s middleditch worried about what we do and if he’s bringing up Plymouth at a post match  interview that means he is worried he’s not scared of little old Plymouth is he lol.

Maybe just answering a question?

You will always get an honest answer an honest answer out of Neil, not the party line!

14 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Maybe just answering a question?

You will always get an honest answer an honest answer out of Neil, not the party line!

the guy who has made a career as a team manager of pulling every stunt possible, usually every August to win titles. Fair play to him but crass hypocrisy for him to blame pLymouth or anyone else for bending and manipuating rules to suit.

If Lawson hadn't taken MP-T out either that would have been one less Guest for PLymouth, having said that so dangerous was the move he, Middleditch, would have been resorting to a Guest for sure as Lawson would have severly damaged himself and not MPT.

7 hours ago, Hilly said:

Great effort by the Cheetahs, forcing Poole into using a tac sub at home with a weakened team ( a fully fit Thomas scores more than 2).

Not everybody wears team colours or hats, unless you asked everybody on entry, how do you know how many away fans were there. I was there, did you see me??? There was also a meeting taking place at Oxford tonight. Either way, was a decent looking size crowd, who witnessed a good meeting.

It was Batchelor who let you down and Kemp let us down. Thomas may get more than 2 but just coming back from injury maybe not and it looked prior to the meeting  R/R improved the team, Heeps was poor which also didn't help.As for the crowd I think you should be able to tell who supports the away team whether they are in team colours or not. 

Edited by foreverblue

3 hours ago, HGould said:

the guy who has made a career as a team manager of pulling every stunt possible, usually every August to win titles. Fair play to him but crass hypocrisy for him to blame pLymouth or anyone else for bending and manipuating rules to suit.

If Lawson hadn't taken MP-T out either that would have been one less Guest for PLymouth, having said that so dangerous was the move he, Middleditch, would have been resorting to a Guest for sure as Lawson would have severly damaged himself and not MPT.

Middlo isn't worried about Plymouth or any team, he knows we are capable of beating anybody, he was just making the point that Kennett should have been replaced not gone all season using guests . You seem to suggest Lawson took MPT out on purpose, I completely disagree with that, it was a racing incident.. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Middlo isn't worried about Plymouth or any team, he knows we are capable of beating anybody, he was just making the point that Kennett should have been replaced not gone all season using guess. You seem to suggest Lawson took MPT out on purpose, I completely disagree with that, it was a racing incident.. 

If you look at it in slow motion he didn't touch him 

50 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

If you look at it in slow motion he didn't touch him 

Some how watching heat 14 Cook Bros in real time was like happening in slow motion.

Those were a long 4 laps but as Brucie would say "didn't they do well!" 

Wow, what a sensational evening.....

NID..........ermmmmm?! :D

Edited by Turnip

Thank you to SS & Shaleshifter for mentioning me to Nigel Leahy. Hey up to all 3

Pleasure to meet u Nigel, had a good chat and thank you for mentioning me over the mic during the meeting. U made me feel comfortable in chatting.

Appreciate everything

From the depths of desperation to the joy of celebration! If any team can the Pirates can!

C'MON THE PIRATES :t:

#piratepride

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hardly any Oxford fans present. Only up the road but if there were a handful there they were not visible. They missed a great meeting and their team did them proud.

One of the few failings of the Oxford relaunch is the complete lack of merchandise. Four months in and not so much as a bleedin' biro available to those who wish to show their support for the club.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This liddle Turnip is heading back to base on the National Express first stop London then National Express to Nottingham arriving 1630.

My next appearance is at Leicester vs Scunthorpe to see if me Lions mates can also enjoy the moment of qualifying for the Jubilee Final. Mr Lawson may av a say in that tho, well he tends to use sign language at Leicester! That's our Richard :D

Toot Toot  :t:

16 minutes ago, arnieg said:

One of the few failings of the Oxford relaunch is the complete lack of merchandise. Four months in and not so much as a bleedin' biro available to those who wish to show their support for the club.

Absolutely, couldn't agree more. It's been a fantastic relaunch, but would have loved to see some merchandise for sale. I'd have happily bought some stuff. Jamie Courtney talked about the fact he was wearing the new club jacket when interviewed at the Plymouth meeting, I was then expecting to see some merch for sale on the site (or at the track) shortly afterwards, but nothing as yet.

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The form of Kemp is a worry. Seems to lack any confidence on track and was picked off easily by Ruml in the one time he wasn’t last. Switched bikes but made no difference. Chalk and cheese to how he was earlier this season. Needs to get his issues sorted before the pointy end of the season. We can’t carry two riders.

With only one league match left does it mean we will go into the play offs with Zach Cook at reserve until the final match however far Poole go.

I ask as my long time reservations on Kemps form and development is raising its head again. Difficult enough we are carrying Nathan which expected but even I thought we would get a little more from him. Shame we could not have secured Mulford who exactly same age felt showed more ability. That's been proven since he came back this season for B.Vue outscoring Nathan. Maybe his grass track is his priority.

I really do fear we will be found out by the better clubs like Leicester/Glasgow in the play offs. We no longer look invincible at home. In recent matches we have relied on dragging ourselves over the line in the latter part of meetings. How we will fare at Gl/Leic is a worry carrying these two. Could give us too much to do at home if both not firing.

Feel sorry for Nathan who is out of his depth but is trying. Kemp is an enigma. We have seen similar young riders such as Gilkes/Flint/Edwards develop better than him and he is in his 4th season - 5 if you include his junior 500CC championship win. I deducted the covid year. He should have pushed on but if anything he seems to be going backwards. Even Jason Crump has aired reservations.

I don't want to knock any young rider finding his way and if he was the junior reserve it would be different as you can carry him. Just fear for the direction he seems to be going. Can turn in the odd good ride but far too many poor ones for someone who should be on an upward trend.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steve roberts said:

...or the price of petrol may well have put people off from travelling?

Do Oxford fans earn less than Poole supporters, as there were easily a couple of hundred Pirates fans at Cowley on Tuesday.