British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh v Glasgow , jubilee thingy , 29/7/22@19-30

Along the M8 again to our nearest and dearest tomorrow night . No Tom or Ben as they are doing battle in Denmark in SON 348 . 

So it's our old pal Aaron Summers guesting and r/r . Dont ask me which way around it is , cause I haven't a clue .

Anyway , hope we can get at least a point before hopefully 3 at Berwick so we can set up a decider on Sunday .

11 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Along the M8 again to our nearest and dearest tomorrow night . No Tom or Ben as they are doing battle in Denmark in SON 348 . 

So it's our old pal Aaron Summers guesting and r/r . Dont ask me which way around it is , cause I haven't a clue .

Anyway , hope we can get at least a point before hopefully 3 at Berwick so we can set up a decider on Sunday .

Spud for Tom r/r for Ben. As Ben now 2nd in averages everyone can take a ride.

I'd be surprised if we hit 40 with that side tbh

10 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

That my friend depends on which Craig Cook turns up . If he's on it , a point at least is achievable .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I don’t R/R at 2 could work out okay if the real Craig cook turns up. As he’ll have strong parter in each of his rides and he’ll take the R/R in heat 8.  

Brennan and Basso weren’t Fantastic in their last visits either. 

could go either way still as we both have riders who we don’t know what version we are getting from meeting to meeting.

43 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Josh Pickering said this is biggest rivalry in UK speedway. Wouldn't think it by this thread??! 

Calm before the storm 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Josh Pickering said this is biggest rivalry in UK speedway. Wouldn't think it by this thread??! 

Mickey mouse competition that should be held start of the season like the old premier trophy. Look at sides Plymouth and Birmingham put out last few nights if want any evidence of clubs not taking it seriously 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Mickey mouse competition that should be held start of the season like the old premier trophy. Look at sides Plymouth and Birmingham put out last few nights if want any evidence of clubs not taking it seriously 

Mickey Mouse would probably decline participation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’ve decided not to go. I like the competition, but two riders out from the team means it’s not appealing to me, especially as I can watch those two on the TV for free. Suspect I’ll give Berwick a miss on Saturday too, on account of the SON final. And Sunday is out too as I’ll be at the Touring Cars at Knockhill! Bad scheduling all round.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Missing riders and guests might be the answer.GB Speedway at its finest.

If only they had known the SON was on this weekend they probably would have avoided running any Speedway meetings ...

Maybe the FIM should ensure their fixture dates are clear for everyone to see and planned well in advance? 

After all  The UK promoters cannot be expected to be mind readers can they???

The Queen's Competition is devalued now for me...

Let's hope she isn't offended...

:rolleyes::D

Edited by mikebv

11 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Really stupid comment: both teams have been badly hit by injuries.