British Speedway Forum

Championship Pairs, Oxford.. Friday, 12th. August

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Why would Plymouth use a guy whose fencing of MPT not only cost them a win at Poole but also all their momentum. 

If Lawson could Guest why hasn't any other team used him? 

Cos he'd help Poole obv. Good to see Lawson, both Cook's and Nathan there supporting Steve and Danny :t:

• Like 1

Sorry guys, but I can't multi post on my phone. Just finally well done to Redcar best team on the night. Just happy to knock out Leicester and make the final, didn't think we would do that! I agree with Rosco, Basso a bit silly not slowing the race down  to help Hume out a bit. In SF Hume could have got past Kerr if Basso helped out a bit imo.

Tbf not sure we would have beaten Redcar if Steve didn't have bike problems anyway. We really needed Glasgow in the final if we were going to win. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I am at the retail park next to the track. 36C here. Frying. They will need a swimming pool of water to keep the dust down. Heading to Cardiff after the meeting and the GP. Going to hot sleeping in my camper tonight! 

I guess the champers will be a little flat then:party:Glug,Glug, Glug :rofl:

Edited by bluejam

8 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Steve Shovlar currently watering his campervan window boxes with his tears of despair

Not at all , enjoyed his company last night . Was a pretty much gate and go meeting with very little in the way of passing . 

But it was an enjoyable evening in the sunshine nevertheless. Well done Redcar , worthy winners .

• Like 3

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Sorry guys, but I can't multi post on my phone. Just finally well done to Redcar best team on the night. Just happy to knock out Leicester and make the final, didn't think we would do that! I agree with Rosco, Basso a bit silly not slowing the race down  to help Hume out a bit. In SF Hume could have got past Kerr if Basso helped out a bit imo.

Tbf not sure we would have beaten Redcar if Steve didn't have bike problems anyway. We really needed Glasgow in the final if we were going to win. 

The referee told the riders he would exclude anyone deliberately slowing down 

A hot, dusty evening at Sandy Lane. Good to see a few hundred fans from other clubs there in the big crowd. Chatted to Ox, Swindon, Poole fans on bend 3. Must have been about 50 from both Glasgow and Poole. Redcar fully deserved their win beating Poole in heats and final, an all British affair. Shame they weren't all at full strength. A good night out. Congrats to the 3 Redcar lasses we spoke to by car park. Such a friendly sport, fantastic fans:D

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Not at all , enjoyed his company last night . Was a pretty much gate and go meeting with very little in the way of passing . 

But it was an enjoyable evening in the sunshine nevertheless. Well done Redcar , worthy winners .

Saw you there didn't get a chance to chat, were you on the coach from Hamilton?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Paulco said:

The referee told the riders he would exclude anyone deliberately slowing down 

Riders should be allowed to slow if the idea is top scoring pairs win, watching quality team riding is a good watch for fans aswel instead of gate and go 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

What home advantage 

The Ox were very poor, good bunch of friendly fans though, all wishing a Swindon return.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Arrogance knows no bounds anyway all riders were warned NOT to slow races down.

Nothing against Poole but you can see why some do with this self entitlement viewpoint.

• Like 1