British Speedway Forum

Aces v Panthers 25/7 League B

Current averages suggest Zagar remains at 1 & Etheridge at reserve.  Which isn't good news for the visitors at least at the NSS it suits the Aces more.  And the last time the reigning champions visited Belle Vue comfortably hit 60 points.

Full weekend of action in Poland so Fricke, Zagar, Kurtz, Blodorn & possibly Brennan all on the continent.

Panthers seem to be rather hit by injuries, is it the 2 veteran Brit's, Basso & guests?

Really weak line-up from us. Sedgmen @ 5 on a track he's had shockers at this season.

BV owners will suffer huge financial losses on the night and if they do go on to win the league as expected then it's going to be a very expensive season that could have a knock on effect if teams continue to turn up at the NSS with a weakened 1-7. 

27 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

No one’s going to come to watch this tomorrow. Another massive pay day for the owners. They must be fuming. 

Peterborough clearly given up on this season. 

Bet the BV promotion will be hoping that Harris can take a few points off the BV HL's just to lower the wage bill considering the result is a forgone conclusion anyway.

I love speedway

i love any speedway

i love belle Vue

And I will go tonight because I have a season ticket but I just can’t be arsed tonight. And there will be 100s more like me but they won’t go. 

big score

low crowd

the owners are taking a massive hit lately. 

belle Vue need to use tonight to test things. Because no offence to Peterborough even at our worst I think we could scrape a win 

29 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

I love speedway

i love any speedway

i love belle Vue

And I will go tonight because I have a season ticket but I just can’t be arsed tonight. And there will be 100s more like me but they won’t go. 

big score

low crowd

belle Vue need to use tonight to test things. Because no offence to Peterborough even at our worst I think we could scrape a win 

I’m travelling through from Workington so hopefully the rain eases off early and doesn’t do to much damage can you keep me updated with the weather, thanks.

30 minutes ago, paul84 said:

I’m travelling through from Workington so hopefully the rain eases off early and doesn’t do to much damage can you keep me updated with the weather, thanks.

Weather looks fine. Any rain should be gone very soon leaving an overcast day. 

should be a good track today actually. 

BELLE VUE V PETERBOROUGH – MONDAY, JULY 25 @ 7:30PM

Belle Vue ‘ATPI’ Aces: Matej Zagar 8.12, Tom Brennan RS (4.73), Brady Kurtz (C) 7.95, Charles Wright 6.11, Max Fricke 7.84, Jye Etheridge 4.66, Norick Blodorn 4.00; TM: Mark Lemon

Peterborough ‘Crendon’ Panthers: Chris Harris 8.00, Michael Palm Toft R/R 7.15, Ulrich Ostergaard 6.49, Scott Nicholls (C) 5.49, Justin Sedgmen (G) 6.45, Benjamin Basso 5.45, Jake Mulford RS; TM: Rob Lyon

Sedgeman guesting for Andersen I assume? If I understand the GSA's and rules regarding guests only Howarth, Cook & Batchelor otherwise available, so limited choice but all those would score more than Andersen & Sedgeman.

6 minutes ago, Col said:

Sedgeman guesting for Andersen I assume? If I understand the GSA's and rules regarding guests only Howarth, Cook & Batchelor otherwise available, so limited choice but all those would score more than Andersen & Sedgeman.

Cook too high

Howarth already riding for KL (guest for Iversen)

Leaving Batchelor or someone like Ricky Wells based on converted CL average

Edited by arnieg

6 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

I love speedway

i love any speedway

i love belle Vue

big score

low crowd

I don’t think that comment offends anyone in the slightest 

4 hours till start time and I usually start clock watching on a Monday but not today. Just can’t get excited for it. 

you know what. All these years I’ve been after some 60-30 wins. (We never get) and now we have them I want a good old 46-44 

I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m just an old grumpy man that’s never happy :)

• Haha 3