British Speedway Forum

Birmingham v Poole and return leg. 27-29/7/22. Jubilee League

11 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Birmingham should have forfeited the meeting to save what is going to be extremely expensive night for Poole through no fault of theirs.

Or postponed it? What's the rush anyway? We all know the final of the Summer Trophy won't be until the autumn and since when did Poole ride on a Friday? They've been going on for the last few seasons how it had to be Wednesday's... and there'll be no clash with Birmingham being the other Wednesday track as their last match is August the 10th

Edited by iainb

1 hour ago, ray c said:

you would think the poole   promotors would make a statement on this farce .just proves there are no riders about these days :t:

Maybe Poole will tell their fans that It'll be "A night like no other"? It's what the Brummies are doing on their Social Media posts.  One thing's for certain, one way or another, it will absolutely live up to that billing. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, iainb said:

Or postponed it? What's the rush anyway? We all know the final of the Summer Trophy won't be until the autumn and since when did Poole ride on a Friday? They've been going on for the last few seasons how it had to be Wednesday's... and there'll be no clash with Birmingham being the other Wednesday track as their last match is August the 10th

Birmingham have the under 21 final on the 31st,Poole have meetings weds all through august and then there is at 1 cup match  at least and play off meetings.it’s a Friday because Birmingham have first dabs on Wednesdays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tracy Bird said:

Birmingham have the under 21 final on the 31st,Poole have meetings weds all through august and then there is at 1 cup match  at least and play off meetings.it’s a Friday because Birmingham have first dabs on Wednesdays.

The Birmingham team are not riding on the 31st and neither are the Poole team... or there's the Bank Holiday

Fair enough about Middlo's testimonial, but really this match should not be going ahead tonight (as an "official" fixture), it makes a complete mockery of the sport and i think, correct me if I'm wrong, sets a new precedent on how many riders is acceptable to make a team

Edited by iainb

Just got in and seen the Brum team. Absolutely disgusting effort from the Brum promotion. 

Thing is most speedway fans will turn up clueless of the team makeup plus there’s a lot of tourists about so the attendance might not be too bad. However this has 65-25 written all over it.

As a Poole fan I will be there. I don’t pick and choose my meetings. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, iainb said:

I'm surprised Her Majesty Queen  Elizabeth II hasn't disowned the competition! Does she know about this I wonder? If somebody tells her it may just finish her off!

The Tower of London for some of those who run the sport....

"Orf with their heads" .   

"And hes anywan seen may Arndrew? He seems to hev gorn oyt again"

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 2