British Speedway Forum

Scunny v Leicester 22.7.22 Platty Joobs thing

2 hours ago, Paul Johnson said:

Just wondering who Scunnys team manager was. not heard of him before, someone said hes connected to Kings Lynn?

Kevin Moore, I've never heard of him before but I'm sure I've seen him in the pits at your place earlier in the season

2 hours ago, Paul Johnson said:

Just wondering who Scunnys team manager was. not heard of him before, someone said hes connected to Kings Lynn?

Kevin Moore. Used to sponsor a heat a few years ago & is one of Simon Lambert's main sponsors with ties to their family business.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Shockster said:

My first time at Scunthorpe last night and I was really impressed with everything.  Loved the track.  Basic facilities, but who cares. The track was great and the riders

performed.  Great advert and will be back sooner rather than later. Zaine Kennedy def Man of the match but was a solid team performance from Scunthorpe and they deserved the win.  Think the score slightly flattered Leicester, but you need 2 good teams to make a good match.

Just goes to show, give the riders a good race track and they will do the rest. Good meeting, great racing.

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Kevin Moore. Used to sponsor a heat a few years ago & is one of Simon Lambert's main sponsors with ties to their family business.

And has often done the centre green announcing at Lynn over the years, more so for Boston in their CL days but for the Stars too on many occasions. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, redlead said:

Just goes to show, give the riders a good race track and they will do the rest. Good meeting, great racing.

I think it proves as well that you don't necessarily need to grade the track every 4 heats. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Paul Johnson said:

Kevin Moore, good experienced speedway man.  Used to run the Anglia Junior League in the late 'seventies, announced at King's Lynn, etc.   Safe pair of hands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1