British Speedway Forum

Scunny v Leicester 22.7.22 Platty Joobs thing

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Depends what his unwellness is I suppose

Its a mandatory 7 days suspension whatever the illness. I think it was brought in to prevent riders throwing a sickie when due to visit a track they didnt like!

Regulation  is:-

010.5(H) sick or carrying a non-speedway injury, the rider must immediately inform the SCB and their club. A Medical Certificate must be supplied to the SCB within 48 hours of the sickness/injury occurring in which case the rider will receive a mandatory 7 days suspension of his SCB Registration from the day of the first meeting missed

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Its a mandatory 7 days suspension whatever the illness. I think it was brought in to prevent riders throwing a sickie when due to visit a track they didnt like!

010.5(H) sick or carrying a non-speedway injury, the rider must immediately inform the SCB and their club. A Medical Certificate must be supplied to the SCB within 48 hours of the sickness/injury occurring in which case the rider will receive a mandatory 7 days suspension of his SCB Registration from the day of the first meeting missed

It's a migraine... and I'm not talking about the rule book

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Track surface looks as bad as Leicester's on the 3rd turn... turn 4 doesn't look much better either

Track was smooth very slick so so it seems your moaning about something else about Scunthorpe..you are very tedious..you would love a track like ours..hmm jealousy is not healthy 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Not a fan of this rule:

1) basically it's brought in to stop riders / teams "cheating"

2) unfortunately if a rider is really ill, he then had to miss a week of racing - if I'm not well enough for work, I do t have to take a whole week off, so why do speedway riders?

3) if a rider is fit to return, but has to wait 7 days - means MORE GUESTS being used

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shrimmy said:

Track was smooth very slick so so it seems your moaning about something else about Scunthorpe..you are very tedious..you would love a track like ours..hmm jealousy is not healthy 

Blimey some of you Scummy fans are so defensive! Must have been my TV then, I'll give it a dust

Quality meeting that, nice to be in the crowd for a change too!

Ryan Douglas, what a guy, us Scorpions fans can only hope his signature is already inked for 2023..

Zaine Kennedy man of the match for me, very unlucky with his puncture in heat 14..

Adam Roynon also put in loads of effort for little reward, effort goes a long way at Scunthorpe and I'm sure he'll become a crowd favourite in the coming weeks..

It does take two teams to make a great meeting - and fair play to the Lions, Howarth, Lawson and Worrall were on it.. was also pleasing to see Max Clegg in the points after some online criticism

• Like 1

My first time at Scunthorpe last night and I was really impressed with everything.  Loved the track.  Basic facilities, but who cares. The track was great and the riders

performed.  Great advert and will be back sooner rather than later. Zaine Kennedy def Man of the match but was a solid team performance from Scunthorpe and they deserved the win.  Think the score slightly flattered Leicester, but you need 2 good teams to make a good match.

• Like 6