British Speedway Forum

Plymouth v Poole; Jubilee League; Tues 19th July

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thought it was an entertaining meeting until, as per usual, the tractor starts dumping shale on the center green making the track bald. Add to that no watering and soon a blue groove appeared. There was a nasty hole on the inside of the third bend which was crying out for attention with all riders hitting it and being thrown all over the place, but not once was an attempt made to fill and pack it. Dangerous. Meeting finished in billowing dust with all riders received to get away unscathed.

Pirates a class above all meeting and once dialled in we’re the far better team. Yes, Plymouth are missing key riders. And it will be different if we meet in the playoffs. 

But Pirates have got their mojo back which went awol for a few weeks. Beginning to look like a team that might be a threat come the playoffs. With this code,p, it’s looking good to progress through to the final.

You must have thought this is like Wimborne Road

• Haha 4

Nothing like Wimborne Road. I have been to Plymouth 4 times now and on every occasion all the dirt is scrapped off halfway through the meeting. Why? Doing this ladt night meant the track couldn’t be watered meaning it went straight to blue groove and dust. 

And why no attempt to fix the dangerous hole on the third bend? Ten mins of attention could have sorted it.

48 minutes ago, arnieg said:

But come the play-offs Plymouth's choices will be very limited, because of the no guests from teams in play-offs rule [12.4.2.e]

Really??...possibly Pickering / Douglas / Nicholls / Batchelor / Harris / Sedgeman ??...

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nothing like Wimborne Road. I have been to Plymouth 4 times now and on every occasion all the dirt is scrapped off halfway through the meeting. Why? Doing this ladt night meant the track couldn’t be watered meaning it went straight to blue groove and dust. 

And why no attempt to fix the dangerous hole on the third bend? Ten mins of attention could have sorted it.

Any Speedway rider will tell you they NEVER prefer holes to be "filled in". 

They would rather see them and be aware of them, good riders can ride through them anyway. Covering them over just makes the situatuin worse as the danger (the hole) is hidden and wet replacement shale that can't be tyre packed in 10 minutes makes a problem even worse!

Easy to stand there and pontificate rubbish....reality is very different

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The reason the dirt gets scraped off is because the riders wanted it done, Danny King had no complaints, yes their were issues with the track but we are in the midst of a prolonged spell of extreme heat heat which obviously didn't help. Undoubtedly the track breaking up and dust issues played into Poole hands as they have been practicing on a similar surface. On a plus note just shows how far we've progressed as a club in a couple of seasons when Poole are celebrating as though they've beaten Glasgow, playoffs are priority now just qualifying for them is a positive for us,who knows we may even ruffle a few more feathers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Really??...possibly Pickering / Douglas / Nicholls / Batchelor / Harris / Sedgeman ??...

Douglas and Harris will be too high. Edinburgh may well be in play-offs ruling out Pickering. Batchelor and Sedgmen are hardly models of high scoring consistency so from your list that just leaves Nicholls.

2 hours ago, lewy said:

The reason the dirt gets scraped off is because the riders wanted it done, Danny King had no complaints, yes their were issues with the track but we are in the midst of a prolonged spell of extreme heat heat which obviously didn't help. Undoubtedly the track breaking up and dust issues played into Poole hands as they have been practicing on a similar surface. On a plus note just shows how far we've progressed as a club in a couple of seasons when Poole are celebrating as though they've beaten Glasgow, playoffs are priority now just qualifying for them is a positive for us,who knows we may even ruffle a few more feathers. 

I'd definitely celebrate more when beating Glasgow, but that is more to do with them having some of last years Poole team there. 

I was in too much shock to celebrate! Plus I don't begrudge Plymouth winning but weird to see BB struggling with the track in later stages of the meeting. Nothing to say you won't return the compliment when Plymouth come to Poole in the summer Cup thingy! Before meeting I'd be happy with us getting to 42 considering what happened in the league meeting! 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I'd definitely celebrate more when beating Glasgow, but that is more to do with them having some of last years Poole team there. 

I was in too much shock to celebrate! Plus I don't begrudge Plymouth winning but weird to see BB struggling with the track in later stages of the meeting. Nothing to say you won't return the compliment when Plymouth come to Poole in the summer Cup thingy! Before meeting I'd be happy with us getting to 42 considering what happened in the league meeting! 

Poole deserved to win,we were due a blip. 

6 hours ago, lewy said:

That’s crazy! It’s ment to be dirt racing not slick !

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So you complain about the blue line! 

Then you complain not enough water! 

Have you the faintest idea of what would have happened had you watered that blue line, or worst still put more dirt on and watered that? 

It's never dusty at Poole is it mmm

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Said by someone that has absolutely no clue about track prep. Fool.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, lewy said:

Just for some clarity this is ht 15,track at it's worst but already being ripped up and relaid to be ready for next Tues, it hasn't took us 4 years to rectify it. 

Plymouth riders unhappy that the dirt was removed from the track around heat 8. No dirt meant no water could be added meaning track completely fell apart. Was told how on third bend was there last week but worse last night. Glad to hear they are doing something about it.

• Like 1