British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates vs Glasgow Tigers 13th July.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I can remember two or three very good meetings for BV and Lynn there, like many away heat leaders though over the years he has had nights at Poole where he's struggled. He's mega inconsistent this year but you would always want your own 1-7 riding if possible. 

Yes possibly but he left it too late to come good in last years final and is unreliable at Poole usually. He has been more consistent this year so maybe he will come good tomorrow if he rides but I obviously hope he will have a stinker!! 

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Don't think Craig Cook has ever been that good at Poole so not a big miss.

Got 11 in playoff final and 8+2 in the league meeting last season. I'd say that is quite good for him as took him a few seasons to get to grips with Poole. But in last few weeks going from getting maximums to scoring zero at Glasgow, goodness knows what he is going to do! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Got 11 in playoff final and 8+2 in the league meeting last season. I'd say that is quite good for him as took him a few seasons to get to grips with Poole. But in last few weeks going from getting maximums to scoring zero at Glasgow, goodness knows what he is going to do! 

But most of the 11 he got in the play off meeting was when it was all over.

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I'd be surprised if danyon and Ben weren't the top men at Poole. Danyon is flying atm, and importantly making very good starts. One of those meetings need everyone score 6/7 points and be in with a shout

Yes i agree, he is the rider i miss the most from last season. Definitely one for the future.

1 minute ago, lewy said:

Convincing win for Poole, all the practice should pay dividends you would think.B)

That's the plan Lewy thanks :), just heading down there on the train. 

Hope Pirates can all fire at the same time, heat leader's av been missing of late with the low number of heat wins.

Kemp as been our most reliable rider imho. Need a good start in heat 1 which we haven't had in a while.

But tonight we are gonna kick ass! 

Basso & Humey, will respect their return until the racing starts then it's helmets on!

C'MON THE PIRATES :t:

#piratepride

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

if the track is ultra slick tonight danyon could come back and haunt us .danyon is quick out the gate .with most races being won from  the gate 

Well however they prep the track if it isn't right for our lads tonight then when will it ever be again? :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Poole must be running scared if they needed a full practice before tonight's meeting, personally I think will be lucky to get a point as our heatleaders are inconsistent but we live in hope, will be watching the livestream

Ii think your team maybe stronger than at the moment gating wins races at Poole . that's why I said danyon would bgo well tonight .all I hope we see a decent meeting win or lose

• Like 1

A lovely warm day here in Poole. Temp around 25-26 C. Light winds. A little cloud cover will help keep a bit of moisture in the track as long as it’s well watered but expecting dust and a blue groove by mid meeting. 

Regardless of practice, the team as a whole are not riding to their potential. Not sure what the main issue is but they are not clicking as a team. See a repeat of the Leicester meeting.

• Like 1