British Speedway Forum

REDCAR VS. BERWICK 8/7/22.

Some of the most entertaining racing I've seen at Redcar this season, feels like the score should have been much closer.

I would have given Riss Man of The Match, but can't argue against Wright too much. 

Knudsen looked impressive.

46 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

Easy win for Redcar.

Wells looked a shadow of the rider tonight  compared to when he came with Glasgow last year.

Props to Berwick getting Knudsen, looks rather stylish and dialled in immediately. 

Wells form has dropped dramatically 

knudsen tremendous he has hit the ground running 

Edited by penchev

1 minute ago, spin king junior said:

April 2019 against Newcastle was last time berwick won away from home.

Was a good period that.

Think we should have won at Peterborough at the end of the previous season (won at Ipswich and Edinburgh so would have been like 4 away wins in a row).

Berwick Bullets won at Armadale earlier in the season of that counts.

18 hours ago, Fina said:

With Kyle's move I am hoping he does put one over your senior team tonight :D.  It also saves me the slightly awkward situation of cheering for an opposition racer when its Bears fans who give me a lift to meetings. 

Not sure if its a NJL match or just second half practice tonight, but if its NJL will be swapping camp to support for Owen, really pleased Berwick offered him a place after the demise of Newcastle.  Think being part of the Berwick set up will be good for him.

Shame Bickley didn't hit the ground running he's done enough laps round redcar, his confidence must be shot 

Edited by mc131

1 hour ago, mc131 said:

Shame Bickley didn't hit the ground running he's done enough laps round redcar, his confidence must be shot 

He made a really good gate in first run of heat 2 before it was stopped when Stoneman fell off (on his own, very lucky to be allowed back in imo) then missed the gate every other race.

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

He made a really good gate in first run of heat 2 before it was stopped when Stoneman fell off (on his own, very lucky to be allowed back in imo) then missed the gate every other race.

2 hours ago, mc131 said:

Would have been great to see Kyle get off to a flying start, proving to be a tough year, but thats the way any kind of racing goes sometimes & wont get to the top if you cant handle that mentally, what ever the cause is.  Hope he can settle in with the Bears team and use the rest of the season to sort what ever is not working for him at Championship level and start looking to next season. 

As I've said on here before, I find Kyle pleasant & professional to deal with and really hope he can make the step up to a successful senior level career.

Shame Stoneman came off in heat 2 as Bears might have been on for a 5-1 there.  Group I was with agreed with you Yearbyred,  Nathan was lucky to be back for the restart.

Just now, Fina said:

Would have been great to see Kyle get off to a flying start, proving to be a tough year, but thats the way any kind of racing goes sometimes & wont get to the top if you cant handle that mentally, what ever the cause is.  Hope he can settle in with the Bears team and use the rest of the season to sort what ever is not working for him at Championship level and start looking to next season. 

As I've said on here before, I find Kyle pleasant & professional to deal with and really hope he can make the step up to a successful senior level career.

Shame Stoneman came off in heat 2 as Bears might have been on for a 5-1 there.  Group I was with agreed with you Yearbyred,  Nathan was lucky to be back for the restart.

Thankfully wasn't the same ref that done Poole V Berwick meeting lol

4 minutes ago, Fina said:

Hopefully he does he has the talent there he has just stalled I personally felt this would be his break through year 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Normski said:

Thankfully wasn't the same ref that done Poole V Berwick meeting lol

I've not watched enough speedway or got my head round the rule book well enough to really start wading into the debates on refs decisions, leaving that to those who know more than me for now.