British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh vs Poole 8/7/22

A must win for us. Would bite your hand off for a 46-44 right now. Pirates with a strong top 3 and drew more than capable of scoring well round the dale. The fitness of Sam as well up in the air with his foot injury as well. 

no weather issues any track needs plenty of water for once.

• Like 1

Heading up North, trains disrupted north of York to Darlington, trespass overnight with police investigation underway. Limited diverted LNER trains from York to Edinburgh. 

This liddle Pirate will.get to Bathgate, just a liddle later than planned :t:

Will need a wee dram :drink:

Suicide on the rails near Darlington caused chaos with the trains this morning but closing in on Edinburgh now, bout 1 hour away.  Then on to Bathgate. Bout 90mins later than planned but at least will get sum cash back off the train ticket.

C'MON THE PIRATES :t:

p.s. LNER are extremely poor with their customer service skills, communication is non existent! York station should av been playing the Benny Hill theme tune as we passengers were herded from one platform to another & back again, off a train & sent back to that train only to be told not to board that train and sent back to another platform.........u get the picture! :nono:

Edited by Turnip

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Good news for Pirates is the form of King and Lawson last night at Kings Lynn also Masters was definitely not himself last night  so he may well withdraw from tonight's meeting, 

Well if he doesn't ride they can't use the official guest as he is riding at Redcar!

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

A strange feeling this , a meeting I actually hope Edinburgh win.  Go for a lie down now 

Someone statements make you really go off some people! :D

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well if he doesn't ride they can't use the official guest as he is riding at Redcar!

Someone statements make you really go off some people! :D

Yeah true, the official guest was flying at Kings Lynn again last night, don't know why he is so fast this season, must have different bikes or engines to last season or something, 

26 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Masters is riding according to the Monarchs Twitter, can't believe he is riding as he was so poor last night he was replaced by Flint so Flint had two rides. Still I suppose he can be a bit off tonight and still win races, he is usually unbeatable at Edinburgh. 

He sure does av an Armadale Masters Degree but wee Ben Cookie wil do the Highland fling toneet & he'll be back in the pits before yee! ;)

49 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yeah true, the official guest was flying at Kings Lynn again last night, don't know why he is so fast this season, must have different bikes or engines to last season or something, 

Didn't one of his sponsors pay for a band new engine a few months ago? 

I've finally arrived in me b & b 15mins walk from Armadale. 2 hours late because of, sadly, a suicide on the rails.

Looking forward to my first & maybe last ever visit to Armadale? Depends how the end of season play offs etc etc works out.i guess as I wouldn't rule the Monarchs out but after tonight & next week when I see them ride at Leicester, where will that leave them?

Dunno, but whoever wins tonight it's sure to be a cracking meeting & I for one liddle Pirate will be there to enjoy it :t:

C'MON THE PIRATES :t:

#piratepride

Edited by Turnip

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Masters is riding according to the Monarchs Twitter, can't believe he is riding as he was so poor last night he was replaced by Flint so Flint had two rides. Still I suppose he can be a bit off tonight and still win races, he is usually unbeatable at Edinburgh. 

Poole have an uncanny knack of visiting teams when they are having problems (in the right place at the right time).

However even if Masters was fully fit, outwith Masters & Pickering,  Monarchs 3 - 7 will struggle to beat their counterparts, apart from Ablitt.

• Like 1