British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue v Kings Lynn Euroflop 11 July

23 minutes ago, Trees said:

Bloody hell, up til now BV fans have been calling for Mark Lemon to go, he's OK now though things are going good!  

The point being made was that it "doesnt look good" when you see opposition managers laughing and joking with the opposition during a meeting,..

Regardless of the standard of the manager it shouldnt happen..

Riders too often do it every night and all it can do is give anyone watching the impression that "it mustn't really matter this"...

Poland keeping teams (and fans), apart gives off the right message that "this means something"....

Even both teams stood together watching from the same part of the pits is something that should change..

UK Speedway definitely suffers from not having "rivalries" which stir the emotions and therefore encourages attendance.. 

Watching team members and managers all getting on together during a meeting wont ever engender those rivalries.. 

I do understand though that for riders it might be a tad confusing at any given moment who is your team mate and who is your rival given it changes so often..

As an example. Splitting them in the pits would have many wondering "can I stand and speak with Bomber tonight or not, I couldn't last night, but could the night before, and I am pretty sure I can tomorrow?";)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kelvinht said:

Good luck with that. Was at Bryan Adams Friday night, hour and half to get out of car park! 

Oh and avoid alysham road due to roadworks, Holt road better option 

Just an hour for us! Roads back to Fakenham a doddle once we got off the estate. Great evening, preferable to a hiding on telly anyway :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think Alex is a breath of fresh air. But if your not ruthless, you win nothing..

Put a poll out. Who would you keep for next season:blink:

First one to go would be Allitt.Many fans I speak to on a race night think the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

The point being made was that it "doesnt look good" when you see opposition managers laughing and joking with the opposition during a meeting,..

Regardless of the standard of the manager it shouldnt happen..

Riders too often do it every night and all it can do is give anyone watching the impression that "it mustn't really matter this"...

Poland keeping teams (and fans), apart gives off the right message that "this means something"....

Even both teams stood together watching from the same part of the pits is something that should change..

UK Speedway definitely suffers from not having "rivalries" which stir the emotions and therefore encourages attendance.. 

Watching team members and managers all getting on together during a meeting wont ever engender those rivalries.. 

I do understand though that for riders it might be a tad confusing at any given moment who is your team mate and who is your rival given it changes so often..

As an example. Splitting them in the pits would have many wondering "can I stand and speak with Bomber tonight or not, I couldn't last night, but could the night before, and I am pretty sure I can tomorrow?";)

Always enjoy reading your posts as you get the point of team sports which speedway clearly doesn’t 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just watched the meeting after not knowing the result & 

tenor.gif

but there will be the usuals that find excuses for King's Lynn & it's management team. 

The club has absolutely nothing about it & how embarrassing to watch a team manager & Pickering having a laugh with opposition when being absolutely battered. 

The impression of racing was pretty good for TV but only if a Stars rider gated. The wasn't much fight to protect position except for Pickering. There's absolutely no chance Pickering sticks with King's Lynn in 2023. 

King's Lynn are a budget club & it shows, with the promotion taking from the punters & giving nothing back, not even a little bit of hope. 

It is a dead club walking right now. 

Considering the score line it was pretty decent viewing, racing was good and fair play to bv for giving away some free tickets to booster the crowd, I saw a post last week from someone saying the riders don’t acknowledge the fans after a race , that criticism was clearly took on board by the promotion and was visible to see last night, Eurosport camera work is continuing to be a mystery, it’s like they have never filmed speedway before, not sure who’s error but it was clearly TJ in heat 14 not Jason Edwards, they had different colour Kevlars and different number on, Dan Bewley came across well as a co-commentator, something I have noticed at tv meetings is the noise of the bikes and the crowd and general noise is turned down and it creates the illusion of no atmosphere, it’s hard to create an atmosphere but there must be a way of taping into the live experience  

Good post Dean. I have watched a lot of telly Speedway this season and I reckon this meeting was the most enjoyable of the lot. But then I am a fan of Speedway RACING and we usually get that in abundance at Belle Vue. The moans about “we need a couple more riders” etc I find very boring. They should try living without their team due to closure. It is 100 times worse. In these days any fans whose track is still open should count themselves very lucky and stop bellyaching. 

great meeting, more of the same please. 

oh yes, one more plus - the complete absence of that bloody helmet cam which is and always has been a real pain in the ass

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think Alex is a breath of fresh air. But if your not ruthless, you win nothing..

Put a poll out. Who would you keep for next season:blink:

There might be a few new riders around if Polish rules are relaxed but not that many so can't see wholesale changes. Kerr and TJ need moving on, would keep Pickering, Thomas, Lawson and Iversen if he wants to ride here and is allowed. Jury out on Worrall, not sure he's done enough really; Edwards as number 8.

I think things would be quite different with Iversen and Thomas but you're never going to win things with the inconsistent and to be honest frustrating three named above.

19 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

It was a good meeting. I was impressed with Tom Brennan. He is improving nicely. Enjoy his presence whilst you can, he will be riding regular Poland within 3 year.

I know what you mean. But we had the real pleasure of Tom as our guest at a recent meeting of the Nuneaton Speedway Supporters Club. He voiced a strong allegiance to British Speedway despite the obvious lure of "big bucks" in Poland.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

Special mention to Tom brennan

1st rising star to make the 1-5

1st rising star to get a heat 15 

and if it wasn’t for a puncture on last lap probably would have won heat 15 just 

take a bow Tommy boy. A proper adopted ace that kid 

Agree, good on him, another little goody :)

Didn't really see the point of putting TJ in heat 14, Jason deserved his 4 ride based on 2 points in his previous ride and looking competitive. Match was Well truly lost by then. If you were going to bother with change I'd have stuck him in instead of Lewi.

Decent racing as always at Belle Vue, shame about the sh*t result.

Lynn boys seem to be overriding. You need to be smooth at BV and build your speed, not fighting the bike all the time

7 hours ago, Trees said:

Bloody hell, up til now BV fans have been calling for Mark Lemon to go, he's OK now though things are going good!  

ok FAIR PLAY ,but as you are a Lynn fan, can you give outside people like me the inside info on ALex and who he beat to get the job?100% honest question i havnt a clue where he appeared from,has he been in speedway?Thanks in advance.