British Speedway Forum

BERWICK v POOLE July 9th 7.30pm

25 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Closest they have been to saying it is a  possibility(at least to the media anyway!) 

Normally they say, no changes. 

Wasn't talk of rasser looking for a British club? Might not work being a Dane and your Wednesday race night.

Why doesn’t Middlo do these away meetings?
If he is under the weather you can understand it but I get the impression he won’t travel much further north than the Watford gap, he isn’t the first and won’t be the last promoter/team manager guilty of that, but Neil is Mr Poole speedway, I do find it quite a surprise.

And the fact both meetings were via a stream meant Neil could have watched it and made changes via text or a phone call, far from ideal but he knows his riders better than anyone, or maybe he did working in tandem with Havvy.

31 minutes ago, marko said:

If he is under the weather you can understand it but I get the impression he won’t travel much further north than the Watford gap, he isn’t the first and won’t be the last promoter/team manager guilty of that, but Neil is Mr Poole speedway, I do find it quite a surprise.

And the fact both meetings were via a stream meant Neil could have watched it and made changes via text or a phone call, far from ideal but he knows his riders better than anyone, or maybe he did working in tandem with Havvy.

Middlo has his own business to run on weekends, hence why Havy is used for the northern meets

They did work in tandem for the playoffs last season

2 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

Middlo has his own business to run on weekends, hence why Havy is used for the northern meets

They did work in tandem for the playoffs last season

Although when he was interviewed on piratecast in April? It did sound like he could do all the meetings if Havvy decided not to do it anymore. But knows that Havvy really needs this role, that it is good for him. And as they have different ways of managing riders, it kinda works for them. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, marko said:

Quite agree Havelock as had two poor meetings

4 Poole fans came into Black and Gold before and after the meeting. Socialble lads

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 11:54 AM, screm said:

Isn`t there an unwritten rule somewhere that Mr Barrie can do and say anything he wants, or maybe that's in his own head.

Agree with you very unprofessional of him to use the language he did over the microphone, even in humour.

Apart from that , am.i correct the PA  seems much crisper at Shielfield this season 

Both Dennis McLeary who was back on Saturday and Steve Hayward very clear

7 hours ago, Heedthebaw said:

I think you’ll find it’s Danny Ford making the decisions as Havelock doesn’t even fill a programme in and has Never by his own admission read the rule book

Along with many other team managers and promotions, and to be honest who can blame them as the rules seem to change week to week and from club to club.

4 hours ago, screm said:

Along with many other team managers and promotions, and to be honest who can blame them as the rules seem to change week to week and from club to club.

But it never ceases to amaze me how many team managers make really basic errors. For example last Saturday Peter Schroek tried to give Aaran Butcher an illegal ride in heat 8. (for the Chargers at Leicester)

Edited by arnieg