British Speedway Forum

Sheffield v Ipswich 27 June.

Jason Doyle is a class act and a joy to watch in the purist sense of a quality rider. Great to have in any team but did not have the support he deserves but still enjoyed each race he was in. Presentation was dire and Sheffield got lucky with the curfew preceded by track delays/repairs to air fence. How anyone at the senior management level think speedway in this form is credible needs to take a long hard look at what you have left joe public with and the sooner you wake up to the fact that speedway in Great Britain is second rate and run it accordingly you will continue to end up with this sort of farce. Ditch the t v coverage and get back to basics before you the management committee finally kill it off.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

What a joke,,,,, also need to off load Batch,,, we ain't ever gonna win the league with him in the team,, as we will prob race Sheffield in semi or final 

We’ll give them a run for their money when/if both sides run their normal 1-7. Allen ain’t getting the points Sedgmen did tonight and Barker fills his boots at reserve instead of Nicol who is proving a disaster as a regular guest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bellevueace said:

I was terrified when he was being linked to us.

Me too, and to think some were saying he'd do a job for us, job on us more like, terrible attitude towards the sport, time he went back down under imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh dear. Oh dear. How embarassing. Should get a points deduction for that. Riduclous how long they took to fix the air fence!

And the heat that should have been declared unsatisfactory start but no one noticed the tapes went up lop sided

Thats one I have a hard time explaining to friends I persuade to try watching a match - why its started with what looks like elastic strung across the track - guess no one has come up with a better, affordable alternative, but to newcomers to the sport it looks really odd.

• Like 2

Well you all know how to win at Sheffield now, get in front & puncture a few airbags job done!

In all seriousness the result should either be null & void and rerun or reclassified as a draw.

I watched tonight for a first time in a while and the sad thing is I went into it hoping to see a contest & instead found myself even more pissed off with the sport.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse speedway sure does suprise in the most negative way!

• Like 5

Have to feel sorry for Sheffield promotion though , 250 kids in and that farce with the air fence, won't be many going back , however for newbies it had some good racing and unfortunately some spectacular crashes and a close score

To be fair Eurosport overran the speedway and would have shown the last couple of races IF they had taken place. That must be one of the disorganised televised meetings I have witnessed. Talk about headless chickens. Even when they eventually got going after the air bag debacle, there was poor organisation. All the officials knew there was  a curfew, yet despite this fact there was too much faffing around. Good to see Bachelor was his usual useless self, I never had rated him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Cannot  understand why Sheffield do not start earlier knowing they have a curfew. Its not the first time paying customers have been denied 15 heats .

I suspect they could not win either way on that one, start earlier and some travelling fans will complain they can not get to the match in time for heat 1