British Speedway Forum

Newcastle now closed !!!

12 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking of doing. 

I don’t really condone that however Grant has made absolutely no effort to contact the season ticket holders, he has a mailing address for them after all. A note to say what is happening would be nice.

1 hour ago, Diamondboy said:

If he has a shop? go and visit, I certainly would.

What you going to do ask for 4 fillet steaks,6 rump chops,6 Lamb chops,1leg of lamb,A joint of silverside and some mince and sausages.Just tell them to put it on Rob Grants bill.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Might have to take that up with the liquidators if what I am hearing is correct... 

In other words I doubt there will be a refund... hopefully it's wrong but let's wait and see...

Regards 

THJ

Nothing surprises me any more and just a way of taking the easier way out.

29 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Might have to take that up with the liquidators if what I am hearing is correct... 

In other words I doubt there will be a refund... hopefully it's wrong but let's wait and see...

Regards 

THJ

True just had a e mail about Liquidators.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ

Just aswell moxy never had a season ticket or the burger van might have literally been flame grilled 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ

Yeah you're probably right. Don't hold out much hope. I paid for two aswell. Maybe I'll go to his farm shop order loads of stuff and just walk out with it and tell him to knock it off what he owes me. Ha ha.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Winditon said:

Yeah you're probably right. Don't hold out much hope. I paid for two aswell. Maybe I'll go to his farm shop order loads of stuff and just walk out with it and tell him to knock it off what he owes me. Ha ha.

I think there might be a few paying a visit to his farm shop .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Winditon said:

Watch out for the CCTV cameras mind if there's any & working 

To Whom It May Concern

Newcastle Diamonds Limited (“the Company”)

I have been asked by the Director of the Company to assist with putting the Company into Liquidation and wind up its affairs.

The Company ran the Newcastle Diamonds team from the Newcastle Greyhound Stadium, taking part in the Championship League.  The Speedway Team will not take part in any more events.

The main reasons put forward for the situation are reducing crowds leading to losses and the need to cease activities to avoid further losses.

British Speedway has been advised of the situation.

Parties owed money by the Company will be contacted separately shortly, including season ticket holders.  Such parties can send an initial email to me with details of their what they consider is their claim against the Company.

If customers paid by card, they may be able to make reclaims from card providers.  You should contact them to confirm what they need from you.

The director wishes to pass on his upmost apologies and considers that he did everything he possibly could to keep speedway alive at Newcastle, but with dwindling crowd levels well below breakeven left him little choice but to cease trading.

Chartered Certified Accountant

Licensed Insolvency Practitioner 

Just received this email this afternoon with regard to season tickets 

Edited by Diamond_Delight

3 hours ago, Diamond_Delight said:

To Whom It May Concern

Newcastle Diamonds Limited (“the Company”)

I have been asked by the Director of the Company to assist with putting the Company into Liquidation and wind up its affairs.

The Company ran the Newcastle Diamonds team from the Newcastle Greyhound Stadium, taking part in the Championship League.  The Speedway Team will not take part in any more events.

The main reasons put forward for the situation are reducing crowds leading to losses and the need to cease activities to avoid further losses.

British Speedway has been advised of the situation.

Parties owed money by the Company will be contacted separately shortly, including season ticket holders.  Such parties can send an initial email to me with details of their what they consider is their claim against the Company.

If customers paid by card, they may be able to make reclaims from card providers.  You should contact them to confirm what they need from you.

The director wishes to pass on his upmost apologies and considers that he did everything he possibly could to keep speedway alive at Newcastle, but with dwindling crowd levels well below breakeven left him little choice but to cease trading.

Chartered Certified Accountant

Licensed Insolvency Practitioner 

Just received this email this afternoon with regard to season tickets 

I have received it aswell. I had bought an adult ticket and a senior citizen ticket for my father. Not entirely sure what refund I'm entitled back and even whether it will be what I'm fully entitled to. Maybe  someone can work it out. Not sure how many matches were left etc..

Just now, Winditon said:

I have received it aswell. I had bought an adult ticket and a senior citizen ticket for my father. Not entirely sure what refund I'm entitled back and even whether it will be what I'm fully entitled to. Maybe  someone can work it out. Not sure how many matches were left etc..

You will get nowt, the liquidator will get his lot and the rest can whistle.

• Like 1

It could be asked of the liquidator if the business was run knowingly insolvent and was the go fund me money put into the business. If debts are run up when failure is inevitable then questions should be asked. However the liquidator will not do anything if they only get the minimum statutory charge. They won’t be bothered.

28 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

You will get nowt, the liquidator will get his lot and the rest can whistle.

Yeah not expecting anything to be honest. I wouldn't normally reveal figures but i also put 300 quid into the go fund me so i feel quite let down to be honest by Mr Grant. Hope he can sleep easy at nights. Absolute scumbag.

• Like 2

I did think about going to the Northumberland Show at Bywell that was advertised to take place on

the 3/06/2022 when the Club would be putting on a display.

As it happens I didn't bother because of the distance to get around all the displays and being outside

for such a long time, looking on FaceBook they did have some footage of the Club and only Max

Clegg and James Wright had their bikes there and they went around for a few laps on the grass, which

has no comparison to riding a shale circuit but I suppose it was the best that could be done on the day.

I don't know how many of those people who attended had ever seen or heard of Speedway and then were

interested in going to Brough Park the next Sunday but I have my doubts many would bother once the

total price of taking a family on a regular basis were carefully looked into.