British Speedway Forum

Newcastle now closed !!!

7 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

It would be good tho watching Pickering every Sunday & he alone would put at least an extra 400 on the terraces 

Pickering and masters ride in Poland, even if Edinburgh did repeat the shawfield mistake of the past it would be minus those 2 I'm afraid 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tyretrax said:

The poo incident had nothing to do with the Glasgow/Workington closure.

The poo incident when they watered the track with a tanker full of slurry (liquidfied cow manure) was the final straw of several incidents like temporary flood light failure ones used on roadworks in the late 80's not being up to standard, poor maintained track, Glasgow track staff turned up late afternoon on a Friday for the evening meeting, also key track staff often  turning up hard on meeting time, after being at work in Glasgow during the day.

The bspa and Glasgow promotion pulled the plug with a few matches left to run, also was not supported well by local comets fans, despite name change to Workington tigers 

4 hours ago, StevePark said:

As I say above, no he didn't.  Oxford would have been his 8th match, but it was abandoned and so doesn't count.

Not that it really matters, but I think he's done 9 .

Championship:- Leicester (A); Glasgow (A); Oxford (H); Berwick (A); Berwick (H); Missed Glasgow (H); Poole (A); Redcar (H). = 7.

However he also did Edinburgh in the KOC home and away. Whilst these do not count towards riders greensheet averages, they are official BSPL fixtures. So I believe he's done 9.

Edited by leander

14 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I'd be happy to put in some money (one off payment) into some 'save the Diamonds' scheme... But I'm a bit sceptical now, after having put so much into Rob's reign and got nothing but woeful teams, boring meetings and many times short changed... I am not very rich as it is, so I am very personally annoyed the way Rob has ran the club the last 2 or 3 years... It's pathetic how he thinks he can just nick off  with all this money from the supporters... How can he sell the air fence if the supporters trust purchased it??? It should be property of the supporter's club, sold by the supporter's club (or kept if the chances of us returning are there) and divided up equally between them... But no, Rob's just gonna take the money and run and everyone is gonna let him get away with it... I'm already banned from the Newcastle Diamonds Facebook page now for voicing my opinions there, so I guess we're not allowed opinions, the fans who have been going most our lives... What a joke

F you Rob Grant

You might not be banned now from Facebook page. 
I have been unblocked by looks of it it (for now!) 

1 hour ago, leander said:

Not that it really matters, but I think he's done 9 .

Championship:- Leicester (A); Glasgow (A); Oxford (H); Berwick (A); Berwick (H); Missed Glasgow (H); Poole (A); Redcar (H). = 7.

However he also did Edinburgh in the KOC home and away. Whilst these do not count towards riders greensheet averages, they are official BSPL fixtures. So I believe he's done 9.

KO cup fixtures didn't count when those pesky bandits stole bellego from us in 2012

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

Still is going off Facebook comments, someone even called him a legend :rolleyes:

That's a clever euphemism a think Gaz as what do you find at a leg-end...

That's right a knob... and he is definitely a leg-end... unless it's auto correct and they put bell-end... both fit...

Regards 

THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

That's a clever euphemism a think Gaz as what do you find at a leg-end...

That's right a knob... and he is definitely a leg-end... unless it's auto correct and the put bell-end... both fit...

Regards 

THJ

I just couldn’t believe what I was reading, all positive “you did your best” and all this garbage.

I know some of negative ones got took away but over 200 positive comments about a bloke who has took our club away! 
Some people scared to say what they really think and some just clueless :blink:

• Like 2