British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Poole Pirates 17th June

30 minutes ago, eric i said:

Bet Poole are kicking themselves they didn't use a tac sub probably would have won that. Why was there no grading or watering?

Could have done a TS in H6 but Douglas out so maybe not. Also H7 but we got a 5-1 anyway so wouldn't have done any better. I think they were waiting for H9. 

47 minutes ago, eric i said:

Bet Poole are kicking themselves they didn't use a tac sub probably would have won that. Why was there no grading or watering?

Because the track was well prepared prior to the meeting so it didn’t need it, meaning the meeting was done in 1hr and 20 minutes including a few re runs !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Disagree with that! You need to time it right imo and also have best 2 riders, so sometimes you can't do it straight away. Very rarely to you see anyone in the Championship do it straight away! Most wait til they are strongest. 

But then you risk the opportunity being lost and losing the meeting by a point ;)

Poole's top three can beat anyone anywhere IMO so there shouldn't ever be a reason not to use a TS as soon as you can.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

But then you risk the opportunity being lost and losing the meeting by a point ;)

Poole's top three can beat anyone anywhere IMO so there shouldn't ever be a reason not to use a TS as soon as you can.

agree you can only do it once .take the chance when you can 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Easy to say that now! Still think they were waiting to do it in H9 and replace one of the reserves that was out with Lawson with Steve. Considering Zach struggled in his first two rides, who'd have thought he'd pop out and win H8? I didn't think we were going to get a 5-1 in that one!

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Lawson wouldn't have beaten Douglas either in my opinion. 

Maybe not, but you would hope Steve would and his partner get a third. Maybe Danny really wanted to do H15 idk, but was kinda surprised with the choice as second lowest scorer!

12 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

With hindsight probably yes but who knew we would have only a few heats to use it! 

Well not really hindsight I was surprise at the time , Worral had already beaten Allen and Kennedy in heat 3, overtaken Allen and getting one of  the fastest time for along time round ewr 56.46, Zach looked well off the pace in his first one. It was golden opportunity.

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe not, but you would hope Steve would and his partner get a third. Maybe Danny really wanted to do H15 idk, but was kinda surprised with the choice as second lowest scorer!

Well the only rider that beat Douglas all night was King so that is why he would have been my choice in heat 15. 

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well the only rider that beat Douglas all night was King so that is why he would have been my choice in heat 15. 

Only just! He didn't make it easy for himself going so deep in the bends but seemed to have more straight line speed than Dougie. Maybe I'm being overly harsh idk, I was just surprised considering he was struggling most of the time.