British Speedway Forum

British Final 2022

7 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Meeting is on Discovery+ at 7pm, if you didn’t know.

It's on Eurosport itself according to my Sky planner, I've set the record only to see if I can spot meself in the crowd tho! :D

As anyone actually got Discovery+?  As much as I love me speedway I don't understand why it's put on that channel coz I wudn't think many wud subscribe to it for speedway.

Edited by Turnip

5 minutes ago, Turnip said:

It's on Eurosport itself according to my Sky planner, I've set the record only to see if I can spot meself in the crowd tho! :D

As anyone actually got Discovery+?  As much as I love me speedway I don't understand why it's put on that channel coz I wudn't think many wud subscribe to it for speedway.

I got Discovery+  in Feb when it was on a half price annual cost ie £30. If I was paying £60 pa just for speedway GP I would still go for it. 10 gps’s works out at £6 per gp! As a comparison, last year I paid £10 to watch a stream from Berwick of the British Championship individual championship.

But Discovery + is much bigger then speedway. I like watching World super bike racing, every round is on, world MX and world sidecar MX. Last week, apart from watching 4 world speedway championship meetings from Denmark, last Monday evening I watched Wolverhampton v Kings Lynn, tonight I will be watching British championship at Belle Vue, so that’s 6 meetings in 8 days. Saturday I watched world championship BMX, then there is Cycle cross that I like watching, world formula electric car racing. Loads of wheeled sports, plus many others. You have access to films of all sorts, does’ntt interest me but shows Discovery+ is not just a speedway channel.

Just need MotGP/2/3 to move away from BT to Discovery+ and I would be well and truly in happy land.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I got Discovery+  in Feb when it was on a half price annual cost ie £30. If I was paying £60 pa just for speedway GP I would still go for it. 10 gps’s works out at £6 per gp! As a comparison, last year I paid £10 to watch a stream from Berwick of the British Championship individual championship.

But Discovery + is much bigger then speedway. I like watching World super bike racing, every round is on, world MX and world sidecar MX. Last week, apart from watching 4 world speedway championship meetings from Denmark, last Monday evening I watched Wolverhampton v Kings Lynn, tonight I will be watching British championship at Belle Vue, so that’s 6 meetings in 8 days. Saturday I watched world championship BMX, then there is Cycle cross that I like watching, world formula electric car racing. Loads of wheeled sports, plus many others. You have access to films of all sorts, does’ntt interest me but shows Discovery+ is not just a speedway channel.

Just need MotGP/2/3 to move away from BT to Discovery+ and I would be well and truly in happy land.

Fair play, as they say pay yer money take yer choice :t:

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Rain now from 9pm according to the Met Office, hopefully they get on with it as much as possible!

More chance that they'll delay the start due to queues to get in then fanny about with an overlong parade and only completed 10 races by the time it rains. These kind of meetings need referees trained by Mr Ebdon

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

More chance that they'll delay the start due to queues to get in then fanny about with an overlong parade and only completed 10 races by the time it rains. These kind of meetings need referees trained by Mr Ebdon

With Eurosport starting broadcast at 7pm no reason 1st heat shouldn’t be starting dead on 7.30pm and then get on with it. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

With Eurosport starting broadcast at 7pm no reason 1st heat shouldn’t be starting dead on 7.30pm and then get on with it. 

I agree they need to get 2min at 7.28 and smash this through, no drawn out grading. Rain is going to hit at 9, 22 heats in 1.5hours is doable if they get on with it.

37 minutes ago, eric i said:

I agree they need to get 2min at 7.28 and smash this through, no drawn out grading. Rain is going to hit at 9, 22 heats in 1.5hours is doable if they get on with it.

Which they won't, as they'll want to get their ad breaks in.

That's without any start line shenanigans or any inevitable re-run's 

Edited by tyke

19 minutes ago, Rob B said:

8.30-9pm it’s due to arrive.

how many heats for a result, 12?

According to BBC there's  less than 40% chance of it at 21.00hrs, rising to 50% by 22.00, for me it doesn't exactly feel like it's going to pour down, so maybe they'll get lucky even if it starts with drizzle.

32 minutes ago, nw42 said:

According to BBC there's  less than 40% chance of it at 21.00hrs, rising to 50% by 22.00, for me it doesn't exactly feel like it's going to pour down, so maybe they'll get lucky even if it starts with drizzle.

I hope the BBC is correct but from my experience it's the least reliable forecast.

Met Office is the most reliable but u also av to add in the Manchester factor :(

Anyways, 5 mins & I'm making me way across to the NSS & I'm gonna try to put the sky to the back of me noggin!  :t:

C'MON LAWSON KING & STEVIE WORRALL :t:

Edited by Turnip
  • Like 1