British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Scunthorpe 12th June 2023

4 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Thats a maybe but he's not in the top 5 or 7 British riders.. 

He is if you only include loyal British riders racing in their home country.

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I'd be shocked if Brennan and Hume/ bailey weren't in UK side and basso in ROW for some home interest. 

I think the TeamGB people are looking a bit higher than that.         

Brennan, yes.     But the previous two Tests at Ashfield have had world class riders in the teams like Tai, Chris Holder, Magic, Lambert, Zmarzlik, Bewley, etc......

Don't think Danyon or Connor are quite up there yet.

Still unsure of a starting time, I suspect.......

1 minute ago, crescent girl said:

Brennan, yes.     But the previous two Tests at Ashfield have had world class riders in the teams like Tai, Chris Holder, Magic, Lambert, Zmarzlik, Bewley, etc......

Yeah it will be brought forward to give Bomber a chance to get to Berwick :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

I would suggest depends if it's 6 or 7 man teams

3 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

We agree, but we can only assume it's not breaking even. 

Also, more competition this year, with more teams streaming, plus BSN. I think a lot of people overlook that. There’s no way they were making money on just Glasgow fans.

Glasgow, as is the way of the Faceena brothers paid top wack for the best Streaming Production available to them at realistic costs.

Clearly it must not have made them any money and why should any Club lose money to stream speedway to people who lets be honest are watching on TV as it's easier to do that then get off their backsides and go and watch it live. There will always be genuine and worthy exceptions and away support for whom its more practical, no point denying that but surely it has to be both profitable and sustainable but also not be detrimental to reducing/eroding attendence for the Live version any more.

A number of Clubs are doing good streaming but unless in the final analysis it makes them some net profit why would you sell a product for 12 quid that probably 2-3 people watch for one subscription of 12 quid; when those 2-3 people could be spending £50-£60 to come in and another £20-£30 on food and drink and possibly merchandise. They would have to buy probably 5-6 streams to generate the possible income from ONE actual visit. 

It's a sad fact that too many of us, and as a collective it's a trait in Speedway seem to expect hard working Promotions to just keep on subsidising the Team for them to turn up as and when they feel like it. 

Its not nor has it been for a few decades a sustainable business model. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Dodger Blue said:

The weather forecast gives heavy rain this afternoon, is the meeting likely to go ahead, I will have to leave soon to get there.

It's really difficult to say. 

The promotion has tweeted a general "when and where" tweet first thing so they're intending to go ahead.

Judging by the forecasts it'll be showery but it's quite blustery too. 

My "guess" is it'll definitely be ON, although TBH I wish I hadn't prebooked at ticket online as its pretty miserable.