British Speedway Forum

Jubilee Weekend Friday - Scunthorpe v Redcar 5pm

20 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Medical cover that wasn't available. Do you ever watch the news and are you aware of the staffing crisis within the NHS, or do you spend 100% of your time stirring up trouble on here?  No wonder the Leicester promotion banned you from their forum.

If your usual cover isn't available you arrange other alternatives, I always watch the news and am well aware of the staffing crisis within the NHS, I don't think clubs rely on NHS staff attending matches for medical cover though, I think they go to third part agencies. I do not spend 100% of my time on here stirring things up, probably much less than 1% of my time... and what do you mean by stirring things up? I take it you mean somebody with a different opinion to yours? And FYI I am not banned from the Leicester forum, I'm not aware there is one... I'm blocked on Twitter... by Birmingham also for that matter, just for expressing an opinion, tells you all you need to know about those promotions, they must think like you that I'm not allowed an opinion

52 minutes ago, iainb said:

If your usual cover isn't available you arrange other alternatives, I always watch the news and am well aware of the staffing crisis within the NHS, I don't think clubs rely on NHS staff attending matches for medical cover though, I think they go to third part agencies. I do not spend 100% of my time on here stirring things up, probably much less than 1% of my time... and what do you mean by stirring things up? I take it you mean somebody with a different opinion to yours? And FYI I am not banned from the Leicester forum, I'm not aware there is one... I'm blocked on Twitter... by Birmingham also for that matter, just for expressing an opinion, tells you all you need to know about those promotions, they must think like you that I'm not allowed an opinion

You're entitled to your opinion, but likewise we're entitled to express our opinion on your opinion, especially when it is factually incorrect (such as regarding the number of ambulances in attendance each week at the Eddie Wright Raceway).  

2 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

You're entitled to your opinion, but likewise we're entitled to express our opinion on your opinion, especially when it is factually incorrect (such as regarding the number of ambulances in attendance each week at the Eddie Wright Raceway).  

Yes, If you're going to be a pedant then I stand corrected on the number of ambulances, I think I stated that there was only 1, when in actual fact there was only 1 paramedic... the result was the same.

3 hours ago, iainb said:

The only 2 criticism's I've made of Scunthorpe, from memory, are when They tried to claim Adam Ellis was injured last year when he was clearly riding in France and the lack of medical cover for the Leicester match and your promoter coming on the PA as the victim, stating circumstances beyond his control in the following limited statement. I've never criticised the staff. Now we are in full knowledge of all of the circumstance surrounding the abandonment... and the fact still stands that there was inadequate medical cover in place for the meeting to continue.

• iainb
  • Members
  • 4,214 posts

I don't like to be critical (I love it) but I've got to comment on the atmosphere at the track last night and it was dead, I know the home team were taking a pumping but when all you can hear is a rusty swing from the other side of the stadium you have to ask yourself, if this is the best the head of British Speedway can do, there's not much hope. Sonically it sounded like a deserted gas station in the middle of the American desert lol

From memory, there was only Kyle Howarth who came round to acknowledge the crowd, no interviews with riders, music constantly chopping and changing, results of a race not being given until after the next race when there was a close finish.

I know times are tough and I'm sure there are reasons (for the music) but surely you've got to get the basics right that don't cost anything.

Here is a comment you made last year & we were not taking "a pumping" as you stated as the score was 22-26 after heat 8 & 30-36 after heat 11. Heats 12 to 15 you got 2x 2-4 & 2 x 1-5.

The result of a race given later was because of a microphone problem( which we still have but down to the announcer).

Edited by IronScorpion
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

Medical cover that wasn't available. Do you ever watch the news and are you aware of the staffing crisis within the NHS, or do you spend 100% of your time stirring up trouble on here?  No wonder the Leicester promotion banned you from their forum.

Look on the berwick thread and he’s piping up trying to stir the stinking pot…it’s never ending..he’s getting worse than lewy 

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

• iainb
  • Members
  • 4,214 posts

I don't like to be critical (I love it) but I've got to comment on the atmosphere at the track last night and it was dead, I know the home team were taking a pumping but when all you can hear is a rusty swing from the other side of the stadium you have to ask yourself, if this is the best the head of British Speedway can do, there's not much hope. Sonically it sounded like a deserted gas station in the middle of the American desert lol

From memory, there was only Kyle Howarth who came round to acknowledge the crowd, no interviews with riders, music constantly chopping and changing, results of a race not being given until after the next race when there was a close finish.

I know times are tough and I'm sure there are reasons (for the music) but surely you've got to get the basics right that don't cost anything.

Here is a comment you made last year & we were not taking "a pumping" as you stated as the score was 22-26 after heat 8 & 30-36 after heat 11. Heats 12 to 15 you got 2x 2-4 & 2 x 1-5.

The result of a race given later was because of a microphone problem( which we still have but down to the announcer).

IronStalker, What's your point?

55 minutes ago, Shrimmy said:

Look on the berwick thread and he’s piping up trying to stir the stinking pot…it’s never ending..he’s getting worse than lewy 

I knew all the Rob Godfrey apologists would come crawling out of the woodwork sooner or later... What took you so long? If you're going to have a pop, please have the decency to quote me in on it :t:

Edited by iainb

35 minutes ago, iainb said:

Stalker! Pot calling the kettle black when you infringe on most other threads slagging teams off knowing, as you have said, your team is not perfect but we all live in a dream world. Banned from twitter from Leicester & Birmingham tells us a story that you like to give  an opinion, obviously, over the top for the reason to be banned.

Slating the NDL as not good enough to watch when you have 2 good lads moving up to probable 2nd strings in the future with possibly others to follow in double headers shows you up to be a glory hunter basking in what Leicester have done recently but not looking to the future of local talent. Your opinions are now becoming of being the elitest top dogs of the Championship barring the drop down glory hunters of Poole or the Money men of Glasgow, no offence guys & gals, & you have now got targets to be shot down by other posters as well.

My previous post was where it all started against you, others have been put on ignore, but I like to have a bit of banter tooing & frowing as other posters are doing to get responses & have a bit of craig.

12 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Stalker! Pot calling the kettle black when you infringe on most other threads slagging teams off knowing, as you have said, your team is not perfect but we all live in a dream world. Banned from twitter from Leicester & Birmingham tells us a story that you like to give  an opinion, obviously, over the top for the reason to be banned.

Slating the NDL as not good enough to watch when you have 2 good lads moving up to probable 2nd strings in the future with possibly others to follow in double headers shows you up to be a glory hunter basking in what Leicester have done recently but not looking to the future of local talent. Your opinions are now becoming of being the elitest top dogs of the Championship barring the drop down glory hunters of Poole or the Money men of Glasgow, no offence guys & gals, & you have now got targets to be shot down by other posters as well.

My previous post was where it all started against you, others have been put on ignore, but I like to have a bit of banter tooing & frowing as other posters are doing to get responses & have a bit of craig.

Sorry, I forgot... Scunthorpe is local club for local people, we'll have no trouble here!

Thompson's are too good for NDL, they'll learn nothing more there. 

Blocked from Twitter, so you know why? You don't even care, care enough to go trawling through my posts though.

I do quite enjoy our joustabouts though :lol:

Back to this meeting... do you know for sure how many ambulances and paramedics will be in attendance... was thinking about lowering myself to make the trip up. I know there's a bouncy castle, not sure about medical cover...

And if you see Craig...

Edited by iainb

59 minutes ago, iainb said:

I have, as posted above , that there are far more than "2 criticisms, from memory", that you have posted. You have, also, stated that you don't post pre meeting opinions but it seems that you are VERY highly opinionated against most clubs pre & post meetings.

Let us hope that the dust settles, not that we see much at the EWR, & we all enjoy our speedway, whatever league or GP we watch.

3 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I have, as posted above , that there are far more than "2 criticisms, from memory", that you have posted. You have, also, stated that you don't post pre meeting opinions but it seems that you are VERY highly opinionated against most clubs pre & post meetings.

Let us hope that the dust settles, not that we see much at the EWR, & we all enjoy our speedway, whatever league or GP we watch.

I did say from memory, i wasn't going to go looking back through my posts... i leave that to you. 

Totally agree with your final point though, well said:t:

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

Sorry, I forgot... Scunthorpe is local club for local people, we'll have no trouble here!

Thompson's are too good for NDL, they'll learn nothing more there. 

Blocked from Twitter, so you know why? You don't even care, care enough to go trawling through my posts though.

I do quite enjoy our joustabouts though :lol:

Back to this meeting... do you know for sure how many ambulances and paramedics will be in attendance... was thinking about lowering myself to make the trip up. I know there's a bouncy castle, not sure about medical cover...

And if you see Craig...

A reason for why Palin moved up after only 1 year in the NDL, riding Premiership(although not too good this year after a change in machinery, engines, using Ash-tec,) & also riding in Poland. What are the Thompson's doing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

What are the Thompson's doing?

I really don't know, they don't seem to be as high profile as the other Young Lions, Brennan, Kemp, Palin, Rowe etc. Joe has only taken on a PL spot this season as a No8. They certainly have the talent, hope they don't stagnate

5 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

A reason for why Palin moved up after only 1 year in the NDL, riding Premiership(although not too good this year after a change in machinery, engines, using Ash-tec,) & also riding in Poland. What are the Thompson's doing?

It’s speedway complications that some people can’t grasp iron 

18 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Any team news for Friday yet ??? 
Thanks in Advance

Expected teams for tomorrow (Friday):

Attis Insurance Scunthorpe Scorpions: 1. Ryan Douglas, 2. Simon Lambert (captain), 3. Zaine Kennedy, 4. Justin Sedgmen (guest), 5. Jake Allen, 6. Connor Coles (guest), 7. Jordan Palin.

Redcar Bears: 1. Charles Wright, 2. Adam Roynon, 3. Erik Riss, 4. Kasper Andersen, 5. Lewis Kerr, 6. Jason Edwards, 7. Jordan Jenkins.

I don't know why it says expected... if they don't know who does? There must be doubt over somebody

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Expected teams for tomorrow (Friday):

Attis Insurance Scunthorpe Scorpions: 1. Ryan Douglas, 2. Simon Lambert (captain), 3. Zaine Kennedy, 4. Justin Sedgmen (guest), 5. Jake Allen, 6. Connor Coles (guest), 7. Jordan Palin.

Redcar Bears: 1. Charles Wright, 2. Adam Roynon, 3. Erik Riss, 4. Kasper Andersen, 5. Lewis Kerr, 6. Jason Edwards, 7. Jordan Jenkins.

I don't know why it says expected... if they don't know who does? There must be doubt over somebody

It always says expected, Mr Troll!

For the simple reason some of those riders are in action tonight. Something could always happen (hopefully it won't). 

Edited by lucifer sam