British Speedway Forum

Why does everybody hate Poole?

42 minutes ago, arnieg said:

After last night I'd say that Poole need two away wins to make up lost ground. 

I can see two likely away wins for both teams (Leicester at Newcastle and Oxford, Poole at Berwick and Newcastle).

That leaves Poole needing to win at Scunny and Edinburgh (assuming Lions lose at Glasgow) - a demanding but achievable target.

And after all that of course Glasgow could still pip them both.

You saying Poole won’t make the playoffs? Highly unlikely!

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Don’t be ridiculous the loss of the topic has nothing to do with Poole fans. Looked like the server went down and for some reason the thread got corrupted. 

Yeah right, any chance the Poole 2022 in the Premiership can get corrupted in the same way.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

As always! ;) If I'm jealous of something it's definitely not the weather :D

We have two seasons , June and Winter , so it's Summer just now , mind you it's wet and damp this morning 

4 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

I still think Poole will be right up there. If they can manage to replace Abbitt and get king back in form they will be the favourites again. Only thing is the lions will be looking at a new reserve as well.

I'm 99% sure Nathan is staying for the season going on what Dan Ford and Middlo have said previously. 

Also did you watch the stream last night and hear the pre meeting interview with Stewert Dickson. Leicester are finding it hard getting a replacement, he said they are almost waiting for Newcastle and Birmingham to make a change so Leicester can sign who they drop! 

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I'm 99% sure Nathan is staying for the season going on what Dan Ford and Middlo have said previously. 

Also did you watch the stream last night and hear the pre meeting interview with Stewert Dickson. Leicester are finding it hard getting a replacement, he said they are almost waiting for Newcastle and Birmingham to make a change so Leicester can sign who they drop! 

No I didn't actually! Oh wow ok not sounding very promising!! Only thing I can think of is promoting one of the cubs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cookiefan said:

Sad day when a topic is deleted when the home team gets beat, Poole fans unable to take a home defeat and they wonder why they get so much angst from other fans.

That's a shame it was deleted, all the trolls came out of the woodwork, made it quite entertaining 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Don’t be ridiculous the loss of the topic has nothing to do with Poole fans. Looked like the server went down and for some reason the thread got corrupted. 

It got corrupted with all the trolls that came on, Gavan, Trackrat to name a few 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I don’t think they’ll want Congreve 

8 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Looks like it is a new thread.

I have not read the other but original poster? or moderators could have taken it down.

I think the original poster has got a ban, apparently that removes any posts/threads created  by them. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2022 at 3:07 AM, ScottyJ said:

Right ok, I'm a young fan only been going speedway for just over 10 years with a large gap in between. One thing I've always heard from pretty much every fan I've met is the disliking for Poole. Now don't get me wrong I think alot of is jealousy but I've heard some very weird stories of why alot of fans take a disliking to them. When I've been to Leicester the atmosphere seems to turn up a notch or two cause Poole are in town. Can anyone give me a reason or reasons why they are not every ones seconds team? 

There was quite a rivalry between the Witches and the Pirates back in 89-90 in the National League. They were the days of the one-lane-motorway that was the big track at Wimborne Road. I recall seeing the Witches get absolutely thrashed there one Wednesday night, and the Pirates fans just loved it - despite it being a tediously boring gate-fest. We ended up nicknaming them the Poole SASCC ... which stood for either: "Speedway And Side Car Club" ... or: "Smug Arrogant South Coast Consultants" ;) 

Definitely never any hate - that's an awful word, which is misused far too often, entirely out of context.

• Like 2