British Speedway Forum

SON 2022 27th-30th July Vojens Denmark live on TV

1 minute ago, OveFundinFan said:

I had gone back a few pages, obviously not far enough. Sorted now, thanks

I enjoyed that. The format is good, 2x 7 teams gives underdogs a chance as we saw tonight.                 

Impressed with Luke Becker and Marko Levishyn, and Timo Salonen too.

No adverts on Discovery +, which means they not relying on adverts to pay for coverage, they after subscriptions. The choice is adverts or not, some grumble about adverts, but we cant have it free of adverts and not pay some other way.

Timo Salonen was rally world champion, but close enough :lol:

3 minutes ago, enotian said:

I didn't say it was.

It depends how you read this that you wrote

It is a shame not being able to view the whole competition without subscribing but you kind of understand why they have to restrict some content to generate subscriptions."

In other words we are all paying to watch Eurosport so why isn`t it on there ?? because they want 2 helpings of cake- and you seem to be agreeing with them ;)

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

It depends how you read this that you wrote

It is a shame not being able to view the whole competition without subscribing but you kind of understand why they have to restrict some content to generate subscriptions."

In other words we are all paying to watch Eurosport so why isn`t it on there ?? because they want 2 helpings of cake- and you seem to be agreeing with them ;)

That's a very strange interpretation of that sentence to get to Eurosport is free? Maybe I should have pointed out that I was referring to Discovery Sport but I think that was clear in the context of the post.

Whether I agree or not is irrelevant, I just understand the business model. They want to attract more customers to their service via exclusive content.  They won't achieve that by making their content available via other platforms that their potential subscribers  already have access to.

If you don't want to give them two slices of the cake then just don't subscribe.  Nobody is forcing anyone to, you are free to do as you wish in that respect. As it happens it looks like I missed out based on the result but that was my choice to watch the cricket, which I'm also enjoying.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Yes has the power but never happens, I never seen it in my 40+ years watching speedway.

I've seen it once, at Lynn in 2009, Ryan Fisher. Took Ostergaard very wide but it was a very harsh exclusion, one might say his reputation went before him :D

I thought it may come down to who scored the most between Becker, Lahti & Huckenbeck for the final qualifying spot.  Didn't realize Lahti had such adequate backup in Timi Salonen - should I have heard of him?

Poland not dominating the semi should give GB, Denmark & Aussies hope they can win.

Norway rather than Slovakia? No Zagar for Slovenia? GB should win semi 2 at a canter! Sweden surely have a third rider more capable than Victor Palovaara?  Fancy the French to edge out the Czech's for the third qualifying spot.

18 minutes ago, iainb said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again... the Poles ain't all that outside of Poland, history and the record books tells us this

Zmarzlik is still all that. He just wasn't at his best last night, but he's had plenty of success on tracks outside of Poland. You might have a point with the other Poles, though.

8 minutes ago, baiden said:

Zmarzlik is still all that. He just wasn't at his best last night, but he's had plenty of success on tracks outside of Poland. You might have a point with the other Poles, though.

Oh yes, I agree, Zmarzlik is special, very special... but I didn't really say that. Poland as a Speedway team, never really shown anything outside of Poland... look at the record books

Edited by iainb

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

Oh yes, I agree, Zmarlik is special... but I didn't really say that. Poland as a Speedway team, never really shown anything outside of Poland... look at the record books

But that's what I mean. Zmarzlik is good everywhere, even when riding for Poland. It's the rest of the Polish team letting their nation down outside of their home country.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, just pointing out he can almost win meetings on his own (or at least put them in a position to do so - take 2019 Speedway of Nations for example).

• Like 1