British Speedway Forum

KOC Sat 4 June - Glasgow v Edinburgh

I think there’s a certain amount of anti-Cami baked in to some of these responses, which I do understand. But Hume had won two races. Yes, Broc looked good, but not so much better that it was clear cut, and with some of his struggles this season, he could have gone into heat 14, come last, and then Cami would get blasted for putting in the rider who’s struggled all year. Hume and Nicol were both good options for heat 14 on paper.

The tie wasn’t lost in heat 14. Going into lap 4 of heat 15, it was still going to golden heats… you could point to Craig’s engine issues, or him going through the tapes in heat 1 last night, or Broc doing it in the same heat… or not putting Ulle in heat 15 yesterday. That was a much bigger mistake, for me.

To be honest, it didn’t really feel like the Tigers won by 14 on the night. It felt much closer. Everyone made a contribution but it just wasn’t quite enough. 17 points from the guests for the Monarchs was a decent return. Also shout out to Dillon Ruml - 7 rides, 7 third places. Didn’t set the place on fire, but he did what he needed to.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I think there’s a certain amount of anti-Cami baked in to some of these responses, which I do understand. But Hume had won two races. Yes, Broc looked good, but not so much better that it was clear cut, and with some of his struggles this season, he could have gone into heat 14, come last, and then Cami would get blasted for putting in the rider who’s struggled all year. Hume and Nicol were both good options for heat 14 on paper.

The tie wasn’t lost in heat 14. Going into lap 4 of heat 15, it was still going to golden heats… you could point to Craig’s engine issues, or him going through the tapes in heat 1 last night, or Broc doing it in the same heat… or not putting Ulle in heat 15 yesterday. That was a much bigger mistake, for me.

To be honest, it didn’t really feel like the Tigers won by 14 on the night. It felt much closer. Everyone made a contribution but it just wasn’t quite enough. 17 points from the guests for the Monarchs was a decent return. Also shout out to Dillon Ruml - 7 rides, 7 third places. Didn’t set the place on fire, but he did what he needed to.

Tend to agree engine failures and tape ex cost you the aggregate win.Mickey mouse tie anyway.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Unfortunately for us he appears every week.

Leicester certainly benefitting with Stewart Dickson leading the way since his departure from Glasgow.

Edited by Turnip
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Cammi brown the gift that keeps on giving. Please never leave. 

another trophy goes a miss.

Probably had Masters and Pickering been there it wouldn't have got as close , but the what ifs are hard to swallow . Think it was the first time I've ever seen Sedgmen pass anybody which he did in the last lap of the final heat 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Probably had Masters and Pickering been there it wouldn't have got as close , but the what ifs are hard to swallow . Think it was the first time I've ever seen Sedgmen pass anybody which he did in the last lap of the final heat 

Think it was more to do with Toms bike visibly getting slower lap by lap.

I think you could argue either way over Hume or Nicol in 14. However, it seems like cammy consistently makes the wrong call with these decisions.

First time since the Elis Perks pass for the league title I have left genuinely disappointed. The fact it was JS a rider we sacked and who near enough never makes a pass ever doing it just piles on the pain.

All the best to Kye after his accident and well done to the Monarchs. Fully deserved.

Ps

CalamityCammyOut. :rolleyes:

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, SilentLurker said:

I think you could argue either way over Hume or Nicol in 14. However, it seems like cammy consistently makes the wrong call with these decisions.

First time since the Elis Perks pass for the league title I have left genuinely disappointed. The fact it was JS a rider we sacked and who near enough never makes a pass ever doing it just piles on the pain.

All the best to Kye after his accident and well done to the Monarchs. Fully deserved.

Ps

CalamityCammyOut. :rolleyes:

I’ve been far from impressed with Broc this season but tonight he had already beaten Ruml 4/4 times - bizarre decision from Calamity but ultimately not surprising from the yes man. 

• Like 1

Delighted that we won. Bit nervous sitting with the phone on Monarchs updates.  Watching GP at same time and that went out the window.

Big get out of jail card for Monarchs. If Cookie hadn’t had bike gremlins on Saturday Glasgow would have been in semis. Never thought Sedgy would have passed Tom. Ironically the fortunes and misfortunes of 2 blue and gold legends decided the match. Strange decision by Cami Brown not to track Nicol in heat 14, perhaps influenced by the fact it was Paco for Monarchs. 

An overall win and I’ll take it but didn’t feel the same with only three of our boys in the team.Hope Kye okay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

It’s very easy with hindsight to criticise especially if you didn’t attend the meeting and can’t witness the effort and determination or otherwise 

but I do wonder if Stewart Dickson was still in charge how many league titles Glasgow would have won under the current regime. 

NONE

Edited by MANSE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

It’s very easy with hindsight to criticise especially if you didn’t attend the meeting and can’t witness the effort and determination or otherwise 

but I do wonder if Stewart Dickson was still in charge how many league titles Glasgow would have won under the current regime. 

Im not fan of Camis but lets not forget that in the 10 years of Dickson prior to the faccenna regime we rgurualy finished near the bottom of the league table. one title and one ko cup in his time isnt a great return either 

rose tinted specks 

Edited by tigersman

3 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Oooooft. Imagine what the score would have been with Sam and Josh there. Well done boys. 

All speculation, you could say what would the score have been had Cookie not had bike issues in his first 3 rides , this is speculation of course.

Who knows just enjoy the win instead of what if's.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Gazc said:

All speculation, you could say what would the score have been had Cookie not had bike issues in his first 3 rides , this is speculation of course.

Who knows just enjoy the win instead of what if's.  

I’ll do as I please thanks Gaz. xxxxx. 

Maybe Glasgow will equal their best ever season in the last 10 years and win the pairs. 

1 minute ago, JanAndersen said:

I’ll do as I please thanks Gaz. xxxxx. 

Maybe Glasgow will equal their best ever season in the last 10 years and win the pairs. 

To be fair you do not that I give a toss just pointing out your mystic meg powers.

• Like 1