British Speedway Forum

KOC Sat 4 June - Glasgow v Edinburgh

55 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Absolute rubbish from start to finish- haven’t you read anything from people who know !! All Polish E Winner league matches are scheduled for Saturday/ Sunday and Mondays as per fixture list and are only determined 2/3 weeks before as to regards when over the 3 days- this is mainly due to international commitments( Sec world championship qualifying etc etc) and and TV purposes.

Div 2 is exactly the same only Saturday/ Sundays and for the weekend in question was decided which days only on May 24th. 
not great for GB clubs running weekends but that’s how it is.

The Polish clubs in this instance Tarnow and Rawicz did NOT change anything on a whim !!!

You carry on with your head up the arse of Polish speedway whilst British Speedway withers and dies

3 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Time for riders to decide, Britain or Poland, not both.

ay goodbye to British speedway then.. No sensible rider would pick Britain if Poland is on the table including all out best u24s 

Assuming Rawicz told Edinburgh what they are claiming then it sounds to me like they've told the Monarchs what they wanted to hear. It's a big old mess and with respect a situation the like of which was gong to occur sooner or later. Not sure doubling up in the UK is compatible with racing regularly in a foreign league too, I'm assuming the fact that Mr Campbell does the fixtures means this hasn't happened until now.

53 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Forcing riders to choose is what will cause British speedway to wither and die 

About 15 years ago promoters were effectively demanding top riders choose between the UK and other leagues (e.g. insisting no guest or r/r for riders engaged abroad in meetings other than FIM events or National championships).

And guess what they chose?

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Assuming Rawicz told Edinburgh what they are claiming then it sounds to me like they've told the Monarchs what they wanted to hear. It's a big old mess and with respect a situation the like of which was gong to occur sooner or later. Not sure doubling up in the UK is compatible with racing regularly in a foreign league too, I'm assuming the fact that Mr Campbell does the fixtures means this hasn't happened until now.

Think you’ve hit the nail on the head their they’ve asked them in good faith so they are available for them both and they’ve done exactly that told them what they’ve wanted to hear. Think it’ll be the last time they’ll trust them anyway that’s for sure.

10 hours ago, Jaizer said:

You did not so long ago, "you'd need to ask the home club". Read between the lines of the statement too pretty obvious who it's aimed at

Read again he was talking about the polish home team

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, ekimba said:

Read again he was talking about the polish home team

My post to Mr Blobby as was referring to the fact why couldn’t Edinburgh and Glasgow revert to Sunday,in the context that he is an Edinburgh supporter,sorry if it wasn’t interpreted that way.( just clear things up).

21 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

You could always appeal to Masters and Pickering's sense of loyalty and if that doesn't work tell them they are sacked if they ride in Poland. 

Lawson, Sedgemen and Ruml guest for the 3 from 6 Monarchs.

5 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Lawson, Sedgemen and Ruml guest for the 3 from 6 Monarchs.

Ruml was brilliant a couple of weeks ago guesting for Poole , Son of God in a Monarchs bib is a bit weird , but a solid number 1 around Ashfield , Sedgmen is a bit hit or miss , so in the lap of the gods with him for Pickering 

2 hours ago, Noelinho said:

So, so we have the full lineups? I feel like this is one where I do want to see the teams before I commit to going.

It was posted earlier today.

Lawson , Sedgemen and Ruml guest for Masters ,Pickering and Sarjeant.

Glasgow at full strength with Connor moving to No2 and Danyon dropping back to reserve.

Edited by Gazc

53 minutes ago, Gazc said:

It was posted earlier today.

Lawson , Sedgemen and Ruml guest for Masters ,Pickering and Sarjeant.

Glasgow at full strength with Connor moving to No2 and Danyon dropping back to reserve.

Pretty decent guests tbf, not surprised they have used riders from the previous Glasgow home meeting!

37 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Pretty decent guests tbf, not surprised they have used riders from the previous Glasgow home meeting!

I was in Tenerife that night so it was erased from my memory.

Despite Monarchs having a 16 pt lead from the 1st leg, thanks to their Promotion's blunder of accepting this Saturday as the date for the 2nd leg, they are denied the services of Masters & Pickering, who scored paid 28 from 11 in the league encounter on 1st May.

The guest replacements of Richard Lawson & Justin Sedgmen are probably the best available, but imo, unlikely to match the scoring power of Masters & Pickering.

Therefore under the circumstances, expect Tigers to win the tie on aggregate.