British Speedway Forum

KOC Sat 4 June - Glasgow v Edinburgh

2 minutes ago, stewmac said:

I suspect you and I have discussed this elsewhere, on FB. It is never definitely one day or the other until the official announcement. Even the riders know that. 

I fully understand how the polish fixture system works. The main mistake the club has made is trusting what the poles have told them in good faith. 
probably be the last time they take their word for things. 

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

I fully understand how the polish fixture system works. The main mistake the club has made is trusting what the poles have told them in good faith. 
probably be the last time they take their word for things. 

You are partly correct about it. But the thing here is that Rawicz weren't in the position to tell them anything. And if you know how the system works, then you also know that. 

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Given Edinburgh's recent choice of guests and acceptance of this fixture is anyone else of opinion they have basically written this season off? Putting all efforts, understandably, into finding a new home.

https://www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/news-centre/article/2022-05-31/monarchs-promotion-furious-as-polish-speedway-causes-koc-chaos?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Seeing as the article says they are furious I guess they had not written it off! But kinda been made to? Depends what guests they can have I suppose!

18 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

https://www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/news-centre/article/2022-05-31/monarchs-promotion-furious-as-polish-speedway-causes-koc-chaos?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Seeing as the article says they are furious I guess they had not written it off! But kinda been made to? Depends what guests they can have I suppose!

The Devils are not riding Saturday, so they could fill the holes of the missing riders. That would fulfill the fixture. I am sure the Weggies would enjoy seeing the Millars at Ashfield. 

3 minutes ago, snapper said:

I love how Glasgow are getting dragged into this when we agreed to move the meeting to the Saturday to suit the Monarchs but now they want to move it back after we have made arrangements to run on Saturday 

It’s just a mess really.There was a day when a Scottish Derby in the KO Cup would have been eagerly anticipated by both sets of fans and a highlight of the season.Unfortunately these days are distant memories.Sad.

9 minutes ago, snapper said:

I love how Glasgow are getting dragged into this when we agreed to move the meeting to the Saturday to suit the Monarchs but now they want to move it back after we have made arrangements to run on Saturday 

Fail to see where anyone has dragged Glasgow into this

7 hours ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

The Devils are not riding Saturday, so they could fill the holes of the missing riders. That would fulfill the fixture. I am sure the Weggies would enjoy seeing the Millars at Ashfield. 

Whole thing is a joke. 

1 minute ago, SharpenRake said:

You could always appeal to Masters and Pickering's sense of loyalty and if that doesn't work tell them they are sacked if they ride in Poland. 

You could but they would correctly choose to ride in Poland!! Stupid move to sack them when theres no one to replace them 

There is one Club at fault here and it's not Edinburgh or Glasgow its Rawicz.

Dishonouring commitments, playing the bully and disregarding other European Countries is a stain on Polish Speedway.

It's crystal clear that Championship Clubs, particularly those who race on Saturday / Sunday and indeed any other Club wishing to ride on those dates or on occasions on a Friday; are going to be compromised by people who will chop and change Fixtures at a whim. 

Please don't beat each other up when the perps are in Poland!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HGould said:

There is one Club at fault here and it's not Edinburgh or Glasgow its Rawicz.

Dishonouring commitments, playing the bully and disregarding other European Countries is a stain on Polish Speedway.

It's crystal clear that Championship Clubs, particularly those who race on Saturday / Sunday and indeed any other Club wishing to ride on those dates or on occasions on a Friday; are going to be compromised by people who will chop and change Fixtures at a whim. 

Please don't beat each other up when the perps are in Poland!

Absolute rubbish from start to finish- haven’t you read anything from people who know !! All Polish E Winner league matches are scheduled for Saturday/ Sunday and Mondays as per fixture list and are only determined 2/3 weeks before as to regards when over the 3 days- this is mainly due to international commitments( Sec world championship qualifying etc etc) and and TV purposes.

Div 2 is exactly the same only Saturday/ Sundays and for the weekend in question was decided which days only on May 24th. 
not great for GB clubs running weekends but that’s how it is.

The Polish clubs in this instance Tarnow and Rawicz did NOT change anything on a whim !!!

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Just so everyone is clear on Polish fixtures- Tarnow have had 3 home fixtures this season.

SATURDAY 9th April

SATURDAY 30th April

Saturday 21st MAY

and now SATURDAY June 4th

Anyone spot a pattern !!

8 (that's EIGHT!)  letter word.. starts with S and ends with y... ?