British Speedway Forum

KOC Sat 4 June - Glasgow v Edinburgh

2 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Surely this needs to be rescheduled. It’s not like we’re at the point of needing to squeeze fixtures in. 

Yeah this isn't good at all. Will be 0.75 guests if they're riding in Poland not very competitive or attractive for supporters

• Thanks 1

I’m not going to post my exact thoughts because I’ll probably be thrown off BSF but REALLY......... drive all the way from East Lothian to Glasgow to watch 3 of MY team and who-ever else we can find to make up the numbers???

This isn’t a shoot in the foot job - it’s blow the entire leg off with a double barrel shotgun

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gr8scot said:

I’m not going to post my exact thoughts because I’ll probably be thrown off BSF but REALLY......... drive all the way from East Lothian to Glasgow to watch 3 of MY team and who-ever else we can find to make up the numbers???

This isn’t a shoot in the foot job - it’s blow the entire leg off with a double barrel shotgun

Edinburgh management have to take the blame unless they can explain why they accepted to the change of fixture.ScottishFootball maybe the reason for Glasgow if it was them that wanted fixture change.

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Baffling that Edinburgh accepted this! Bit like Glasgow riding on a Weds! 

When Glasgow returned to league speedway in 1964, they rode on a Wednesday night. Thanks to Poole we had to arrange their meeting for another night as Poole raced on Wednesdays and picked a Friday. The crowd was a lot better so they switched to Fridays.

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Endeavour said:

So no Sarj, Sam, Josh and looks like Lasse too.

A select team. A joke. Now let’s guess the guests.

Promoters have got Chris Harris on speed dial

2 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Promoters have got Chris Harris on speed dial

Bomber otherwise engaged next Saturday pal

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Baffling that Edinburgh accepted this! Bit like Glasgow riding on a Weds! 

It appears that Masters and Pickering are ridding in Poland on the Sunday so they would Not have been able to ride on the original date as well 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1