British Speedway Forum

Leicester vs Scunthorpe 28/05/22 KoC QF 1st Leg

25 minutes ago, iainb said:

It was a few years back during a double header, there was a huge black cloud heading for the stadium and instead of sending the riders out the management thought it was a better idea to keep sending the tractor out... I pointed out to them, politely, several times that it was going to be washed out unless they pulled their finger out... they blocked me... meeting was abandoned due to a waterlogged track :drink:

Seems a bit harsh! lol

Just now, marko said:

Chalk and cheese from the Leicester track that first was seen at that location to the one they have now, not seen a meeting from here for ages maybe a few seasons, this meeting is very good.

It's generally been like this all season, the last match wasn't very good, but normal service seems to have been resumed

Although the racing has been top notch again... 90 minutes for 11 races with no incidents? If it produces racing like this, mustn't grumble i suppose

Edited by iainb

3 minutes ago, HGould said:

Is per chance Chairman Godfrey there to witness this entertainment

All of the Scunthorpe people have gone strangely quiet... especially the regular contributers on here, they haven't even got anything to say about last night :lol:

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, marko said:

If this is now standard fair from Leicester, more meetings from this track please

Honestly it's been like this all season... and I'm the first one to slag it off when it's crap :t:

1 hour ago, iainb said:

All of the Scunthorpe people have gone strangely quiet... especially the regular contributers on here, they haven't even got anything to say about last night :lol:

Yes I have, it was a bloody farce, after over 60 years watching time to hang my speedway programme board up and do something else.

Edited by OldtimerRay
  • Like 1