British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh - new home required….

Just now, SlicktrackSandy said:

That could very well be the case as previous potential buyers seem to have stayed away from it.  If the land is indeed suitable for housing - pretty sure it would have been taken up by now to complement the existing new estates. Only other possible use for the site may be something like a supermarket or summit else adding community value, although the former prospect was ditched before by Tesco ? - maybe for a similar reason.  Hard to see what a buyer with a million pounds would have for it.  Would have thought that industrial units or even more self storage facilities would not be too welcome in this residential neighbourhood.  Maybe a Luxury Hotel or David Lloyd type indoor sports/spa facility is just what Armadale needs ?   If I was the Cochrane family owners I would take the best offer so far and run or be reconciled to another very long wait for interest.

16 hours ago, cyclone said:

Good to hear WLC are still helping, despite the numpties alleging "brown envelopes" & "corruption" of them, without producing a shred of evidence to back this up.

Apparently one house builder reviewed the site and considered the land unviable for developing for housing.  I believe there was suggestions of historical ground contamination of the site due to the dumping of waste slag earlier from a then nearby foundry.

15 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

If we do come to tapes next season I really hope Justin Sedgmen is on the list to speak to. Looks a rejuvenated rider. 

I know he wants to ride north of the border with his girlfriend being from here. Would I take him in a 7 point average probably not imo.