British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh - new home required….

36 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Seem to remember Berwick renting Glasgow (Blantyre 1) on Saturday nights about 40 years ago and Edinburgh protesting about it. Don't think its a goer Lucifer Sam. 

Berwick rode at Barrow, Workington & Glasgow before Edinburgh got us thrown out. We did however ride our ko cup final against Edinburgh at Newcastle

Gazzac, a round trip from Edinburgh to Hailsham is nearly 1,00miles every week and so the chance of

this happening is 0%.

Do you think any Speedway Fan would undertake such a lengthy trip for every home meetings, I very

much doubt they could afford  the costs of fuel and finding accomodation on the Saturday Night and

not forgetting the wear and tear of their car.

On 9/12/2022 at 7:07 PM, arnieg said:

Are you usually this offensive? Do you have anger management issues? 

On 9/12/2022 at 7:15 PM, Fromafar said:

Why do you just not accept other peoples views,it is a forum.You don’t have to get Personal.

On 9/12/2022 at 7:17 PM, arnieg said:

He got personal, he said councillors were in it for themselves. I was a Councillor. Therefore he is implying I was in it for myself.

So who's getting personal?

I believe someone once said, just because you're offended, doesn't make you right. 

He had an opinion, an opinion can't be right or wrong, it's an opinion, you either agree with it or you don't. It's a public forum, FFS you say you knew, that he knew, that you were this or that. And of course you have proof of this. Or is it an opinion. 

Please just walk on by if you don't agree

3 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

The issue is once anywhere shuts for a season or so its a rarity to open again, even at a new venue. Lets hope the monarchs survive , a proper promoted speedway club with a very solid history .

Worky, Redcar, Scunny, Oxford, BV, Plymouth - there's always hope where there's a will

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 12:07 PM, Jaizer said:

I can't see messrs Campbell and harkess leaving any stone unturned in order to find somewhere for Edinburgh to come back to. Might not be my favourite people in the world but can never doubt their commitment to Edinburgh speedway 

Agree. But there was no contingency plan.

On 9/21/2022 at 12:07 PM, Jaizer said:

I can't see messrs Campbell and harkess leaving any stone unturned in order to find somewhere for Edinburgh to come back to. Might not be my favourite people in the world but can never doubt their commitment to Edinburgh speedway 

Think you have to believe that they have tried everything unfortunately.

• Sad 1

To keep the team together would moving the team to the new Workington track be a option ? 
it would need to be called Workington comets as a shared name just disillusions both sets of fans. 
it would give Edinburgh a extra 12 months to find or build a new base whilst retaining their riders. 
workington would have a new team to support while you would get several Edinburgh fans travelling to see their riders. 
I would suggest the team is loaned to a new Workington promotion with maybe the Edinburgh promotion advising or assisting but not in a financial sense. Leaving them to concentrate on finding a new home. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

To keep the team together would moving the team to the new Workington track be a option ? 
it would need to be called Workington comets as a shared name just disillusions both sets of fans. 
it would give Edinburgh a extra 12 months to find or build a new base whilst retaining their riders. 
workington would have a new team to support while you would get several Edinburgh fans travelling to see their riders. 
I would suggest the team is loaned to a new Workington promotion with maybe the Edinburgh promotion advising or assisting but not in a financial sense. Leaving them to concentrate on finding a new home. 

51 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

A shared disillusion? Sounds like a great idea...

Edited by Nickinho

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

looking outside the box , the only day ed,bra could race @ northside would be Sunday in the afternoon, poss 3 pm start or if the ed,bra promotion paid for the ground to be supplied with electric . so looks like k20 to start with ...

you have two hopes of getting in @ northside , bob hope and ,well you know the other one !

should have sorted it out years ago when they  got wind of it . looks like its the perfect get out clause to walk away from a sport thats outgrown itself in the uk .also , who pays the loan fees for these riders  , northside or ed,bra ?

looks like ed,bra could be handing their assets back to the bspa or whoever they are called and the ed,bra promotion have shot themselves in the foot by not extracting ones finger ! 

if you think several ed,bra fans travelling down each week will cover the wage bill , you are living in the past .just my own thoughts of course .

daytime operating only @ horthside cos there is no lecy on site .  anyone got k20 handy ?

Edited by jenga

4 hours ago, crescent girl said:

The promotion's good reputation of long-standing will allow the BSPL to place their licence "on ice" while efforts to relocate in the area are redoubled.

Monarchs' assets will be loaned out as necessary.

How long do you put a License "on Ice" for?  Surely if there was somewhere in the area, it would have been found by now (similar to Newcastle's vain attempt to find somewhere)?