British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh - new home required….

1 hour ago, snapper said:

Given how well the presentation was put together by Gordon Campbell i am guessing there will be a plan B but with all the bad mouthing of West Lothian council on here I hope it is in a different council area.

When they had a talk after the site was announced, it very much sounded like all their eggs were in the Livingston basket. When asked about a plan B, the response was along the lines of starting later, not another area of land to use.

1 hour ago, iainb said:

How about a move to Northside? Though didn't work well for Glasgow in the 80's!

They could maybe share the names too, as sometimes when teams move they alienate their potential fan base by keeping another areas name...

If you took the T, H, E, I, N, R, G, M, O, C, and S from The Edinburgh Monarchs...

And then added just the W and K, from The Workington Comets...

You could call the team..

The Workington Comets..

Pleasing both sets of fans....:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, snapper said:

Given how well the presentation was put together by Gordon Campbell i am guessing there will be a plan B but with all the bad mouthing of West Lothian council on here I hope it is in a different council area.

Do you really think a councillor gives t#ss what is said on a Speedway forum.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Indeed...

To know there might be a Speedway forum means you firstly have to know that there is a sport called Speedway... :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Indeed...

To know there might be a Speedway forum means you firstly have to know that there is a sport called Speedway... :D

You might know there is a sport called speedway, but think it is the US car one. Like i think two breakfast tv presenters did years ago when they had some obscure speedway rider on :D

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

You might know there is a sport called speedway, but think it is the US car one. Like i think two breakfast tv presenters did years ago when they had some obscure speedway rider on :D

At least it wasnt some gadgy off the local fairground waltzers.....:D

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, jenga said:

really dont want ANY Scottish speedway teams @ northside .  you have had plenty of time to get it sorted  , so swivel on that :t:

Get a little bit of your point jenga, but just imagine how much rent would come into northside for another track to run speedway!! At no cost to northside 

7 hours ago, Fromafar said:

You'd be surprised. It certainly isn't uncommon for an applicant to present the less savoury comments from the objectors on local community forums and the like in an effort to undermine opposition. And I can assure you that morons wittering on about brown envelopes did not endear me to their point of view when I was considering applications.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, arnieg said:

You'd be surprised. It certainly isn't uncommon for an applicant to present the less savoury comments from the objectors on local community forums and the like in an effort to undermine opposition. And I can assure you that morons wittering on about brown envelopes did not endear me to their point of view when I was considering applications.

I will take note of that .!