British Speedway Forum

Ippo v Tigers 16/05/22

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

It's from some Ippo supporters on this very site. Probably on this very thread;) If they win tonight they will thank me for opening one..... I think:t:

Compost Corner was a feature on Tiswas :D.  There was a bunch of us who followed the Witches home and away late 70s, early 80s - and many different names and nicknames were used for riders and teams. KL were called the Deadbeets (after the sugar beet factory behind the first/second bend was demolished).  Those of us who watched speedway then saw the last heyday of the sport.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Definitely his left leg, would have been worse had he not reacted so quickly and laid his bike down

That was a superb lay down, and he was very unlucky to hit the fence.  It's ironic that Holder is remembered at Ipswich for withdrawing with a bruised toe - seems that he doesn't like to race at Foxhall.

59 minutes ago, Badge said:

Really bad news that no Paul tonight,  his points are vital, no idea how broc is riding at the moment and if he can even ride our track :(

Hasn't been on the best form for Glasgow, hence why he is at reserve for them. But will have his Glasgow team mate Hume (still in for Rowe?) there with advice on the track. 

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Compost Corner was a feature on Tiswas :D.  There was a bunch of us who followed the Witches home and away late 70s, early 80s - and many different names and nicknames were used for riders and teams. KL were called the Deadbeets (after the sugar beet factory behind the first/second bend was demolished).  Those of us who watched speedway then saw the last heyday of the sport.

:rofl: Good one.. My first meeting was as an 8 year old in 72. Great atmosphere in those days. Propper local derby's. I even remember that there was a few police in the stadium for at least one Ippo vist. Maybe early to mid 80's. :t:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

So are you not obliged to use your number 8 at all all season then ? Surely if Danyon is available and one of the reserves is sick/injured you use him ?

He's already riding for rowe 

11 minutes ago, Bash said:

When I was watching the GP Saturday and Holder was involved in a crash, I thought he would use it as an excuse to not turn up at Foxhall.

I don't think you were alone there:lol:

Sheffield to win this and I would've predicted them to take 3 league points even if Starke was riding.

Both of Sheffield's reserves know Foxhall quite well, Ellis should be happy as a pig in sh!te around Foxhall considering his electric gating ability. Cook could also cause the Witches a few problems from the easy No.2 position.

33 minutes ago, sommelier said:

What is wrong with Rowe ??

He withdrew through illness for Leicester's trip to Edinburgh last Friday so he now remains suspended for seven days until next Friday.

• Thanks 1