British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Poole 20/5/22

2 hours ago, nagy1 said:

Absolute shambles tonight. What maniac (we all know what maniac) thought Sedgeman was an appropriate option tonight? 

Why did we throw away a race by rolling off?

Who would you have picked? Plus why do some people have difficulty with getting Justin's name right? 

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

While Brennan was legitimate,he was the reserve and never a got a race.The GB meeting in Germany certainly wasn’t official it was a joke meeting for GB riders Congreve even got invited.

Maybe so I was just pointing out that 3 riders had meetings abroad that weekend when someone asked why not have a meeting when all your riders were available. 

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Or maybe they just pass more than you give them credit for. As Lawson has passed other riders quite a bit this season tbf. Not sure if it is the same at Lynn @Bagpuss ?

Other than at Lewi Kerr's testimonial I can't recall a Lawson pass to be fair but he overtakes far more than folk give him credit for, just like Kenny Bjerre did/does, they just have this gating tart reputation because they do most of their point scoring by making good starts. But you don't achieve good averages without being able to get past people when required!

• Like 1

the answer to Glasgows missing rider is , dont sign riders that everyone else needs around other countries and special meetings . run with a run of the mill team and you might win summat .   its been proven before over many decades in this sport and others .

good points for puddle . 

3 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Who would you have picked? Plus why do some people have difficulty with getting Justin's name right? 

No one. RR at home is more than sufficient. 

Many apologies for my spelling. An extra “e” is  not the hill I will die on. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nagy1 said:

Absolute shambles tonight. What maniac (we all know what maniac) thought Sedgeman was an appropriate option tonight? 

Why did we throw away a race by rolling off?

Brennans average makes decent guests a hard Choice,perhaps R/R is a better option.But given that Sedgmen scored 25 points from his first 2 meetings this week and he finished with 12 points from his last match as aTiger sounds a decent choice to me.Ask Cook for the answer to the 2nd part.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Or maybe they just pass more than you give them credit for. As Lawson has passed other riders quite a bit this season tbf. Not sure if it is the same at Lynn @Bagpuss ?

Lisa, we watched Lawson from a raw Moto crosser at Workington to our no.1 for 3/4 years and I can count on 1 hand the times he passed anyone after 2nd bend. Although last night maybe makes 6.

It's not a criticism as such, he's a wonderful gater, and given injuries his brother suffered at Moto X not prepared to take unnecessary risks 

• Like 1

Despite my frustration at the long interval , which once again worked against us , I thoroughly enjoyed last night . Had you seen the sustained torrential rain that fell an hour or so before the start time , it was amazing that we had any speedway at all . 

Understable the opening three or four heats were uneventful as riders worked out the track conditions , after that though we were royally entertained . The unpredictable nature of what was happening made the meeting compelling . 

6 points down with three heats to go and things weren't looking good for the home side , and I actually thought Poole were looking like getting a four pointer.  But we fought back well and the culminating heat 15 was a bit of an epic .

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Paulco said:

Despite my frustration at the long interval , which once again worked against us , I thoroughly enjoyed last night . Had you seen the sustained torrential rain that fell an hour or so before the start time , it was amazing that we had any speedway at all . 

Understable the opening three or four heats were uneventful as riders worked out the track conditions , after that though we were royally entertained . The unpredictable nature of what was happening made the meeting compelling . 

6 points down with three heats to go and things weren't looking good for the home side , and I actually thought Poole were looking like getting a four pointer.  But we fought back well and the culminating heat 15 was a bit of an epic .

100%, was a wonderful nights entertainment in the end.  Snatched a draw from jaws of defeat. Few issues to iron out, mainly ulle's mechanical issues and concerns over how many meetings Tom going to miss. 

Minor complain about BSN, had this match or Edinburgh Vs Redcar to choose from but we're going to show Scunthorpe against Newcastle?  Strange

6 hours ago, jenga said:

the answer to Glasgows missing rider is , dont sign riders that everyone else needs around other countries and special meetings . run with a run of the mill team and you might win summat .   its been proven before over many decades in this sport and others .

good points for puddle . 

Puddle? lol. Been called worse I suppose..

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Lisa, we watched Lawson from a raw Moto crosser at Workington to our no.1 for 3/4 years and I can count on 1 hand the times he passed anyone after 2nd bend. Although last night maybe makes 6.

It's not a criticism as such, he's a wonderful gater, and given injuries his brother suffered at Moto X not prepared to take unnecessary risks 

Interesting, must have worked on his passing for this year then. As with all the streaming, seeing a lot more meetings than I usually would and I am already on the second hand ;)