British Speedway Forum

Wolves v Lynn 2/5

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Actual footage from trackside of Sam Ermolenko and Peter Karlsson at the touchscreen:rofl:

Bet Sam has a "Castrol GTX" jacket...:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When you can ride the white line in the latter races of a meeting and get miles more grip than those who go wide, the racing is never going to be much good...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Iversen in for final pay days. Doesn’t offer value for money. Do better trying to get Bjarne out of retirement.

So you are basing that on the one meeting you have seen on TV on a piss poor track.I've seen him in another 4 meetings in which he has done what is required from him.

• Like 2

I paid £30 for the Discovery+ subscription and so far it's been worth every penny for the Sam Ermolenko analysis... pure comedy gold

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, tellboy said:

So you are basing that on the one meeting you have seen on TV on a piss poor track.I've seen him in another 4 meetings in which he has done what is required from him.

Puk feeling unwell according to their manager 

2 minutes ago, Shrimmy said:

Sorry if it’s already been mentioned but who is Alex Brady..he comes across very confident  and knowledgeable but I’ve never heard of him before and he’s a team manager of a premiership team 

Business owner & former forumer @AlexBrady

6 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Missed that,thought it was Pickering that was unwell and Lawson a sore knee.

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Isn't he ill? 

Pretty sure Brady said Puk was feeling under the weather

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I’ve seen some really good meetings here over the years to be honest. Granted, this isn’t one of them but Monmore is no better or worse than 90% of the tracks in the UK with a mixture of poor meetings, mostly mediocre and a sprinkling of excellent ones. There are a very few select tracks that produce excellent meetings more often than not and we all know which ones they are. 

My goodness, the voice of reason. Wolves biggest loss has been Doc Bridgett. When he was doing the preparation Wolves consistently won track of the year awards, you could ride anywhere on the track and the racing was superb. It was praised by virtually all riders.So the logical conclusion is that there nothing particularly wrong with the shape, but the preparation needs to be spot on, and maybe that is what we haven't got at the moment.

• Like 2

Another point about track prep. It used to be the case (and I sure someone will put me right, if it is no longer the case) that Wolves could work on the track on Sundays and perhaps Monday morning. There would be a greyhound meeting on the Monday afternoon meaning no access to the track until 6:00 pm. If there had been a change in weather conditions there would be very little time to do anything about it. Wolves do not have the luxury of permanent access to the track that others do. A point to bear in mind ?