British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh v Glasgow CL 29/4/22 @19-30

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Statement made I'd say. Every rider paid for at least one win away from home, cookie getting back to his imperious best. Exciting season I hope.

Thomson bit of a concern for Edinburgh?

I’d say so. He’s not looked at the races so far. The suggestion on commentary was he wasn’t happy with his bike. Ht14 was an improvement at least. 

Just now, Noelinho said:

We often look good early season. The key is how we look after taking the knocks throughout the season.

The one big difference from previous seasons is we've got a team of mostly young guys going for it. Not the usual "false average" has beens. Might be a bit inconsistent at times but going to be entertaining

1 minute ago, JanAndersen said:

Brennan will put three points on his average. Basso a couple too. Those two are a steal. How come Basso was on an assessed 5.00 when he rode for Poole last season? 

Don't think he'd ridden enough qualifying away matches to get an average. Think it's 6.5ish from Sunday

Just now, JanAndersen said:

Brennan will put three points on his average. Basso a couple too. Those two are a steal. How come Basso was on an assessed 5.00 when he rode for Poole last season? 

He only rode 7 meetings for Poole think it was 3 home and 4 away.

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Don't think he'd ridden enough qualifying away matches to get an average. Think it's 6.5ish from Sunday

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

He only rode 7 meetings for Poole think it was 3 home and 4 away.

Makes sense. No wonder Poole were so bitter about him coming north. Really classy rider. 

12 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Makes sense. No wonder Poole were so bitter about him coming north. Really classy rider. 

I think it was how to was done and lack of communication rather than the average! lol. Laswon's average is about to be 9.16 so guess we are winning that battle atm :t:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Good shout sir

The only surprise about tonight’s massacre is we only scored 51.

Sunday should be closer , well until the second bend then we clear off into the distance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

The only surprise about tonight’s massacre is we only scored 51.

Sunday should be closer , well until the second bend then we clear off into the distance.

Aye we left a few points out there tonight for sure. Masters and Thomson I'd fancy go better than tonight though on Sunday