British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Vs Edinburgh 01st May 6pm

11 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

All I've seen was it wasn't financially viable. Like you think it's backwards step

I think that’s often the reason given. Edinburgh appear to be fortunate to have the resource in house to stream. You’d think Glasgow’s fanbase would have someone with skills they could offer the club - even just initially to start up. 

29 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I think that’s often the reason given. Edinburgh appear to be fortunate to have the resource in house to stream. You’d think Glasgow’s fanbase would have someone with skills they could offer the club - even just initially to start up. 

Our friends in the East appear to have got a march on us in at least a couple of areas recently: streaming and investment in local youth. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jaizer said:

You'll probably find most monarchs go as well if not better at ashfield than they do at home. It's absolutely no given tomorrow, the Aussies all shown a liking, lasse was very much on the pace using borrowed machinery at gp qualifier. I can't remember castagna, was "unavailable" for Birmingham last season and hook should find it easier to get grips on. Bit of weather around as well could make it bit of a lottery

The Monarchs will be all out to make up for Friday and will come out fighting. The only given i can see is that the fourth bend will be pretty quiet today regardless!

Edited by MD

Just now, Joseq7 said:

Anyone near the stadium........ how's the weather looking?

Forecast is to be cloudy but dry with a high of 16.

The natural watering yesterday should make for a good surface tonight.

I’m trying to buy streaming as I’m stuck here with Covid but I can’t find anything on the website. Is there a live stream today and if so, where do I find it please

2 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

I’m trying to buy streaming as I’m stuck here with Covid but I can’t find anything on the website. Is there a live stream today and if so, where do I find it please

Glasgow aren't streaming this year, was not financially viable, which is a shame

• Like 1

Just now, Cookiefan said:

Glasgow aren't streaming this year, was not financially viable, which is a shame

Thanks, I’ve just had a wee read backwards too. Have to say I am very disappointed. 1st derby weekend I’ve missed since I was a child and I’m very far from being a child now.

Good luck and a safe meeting for all

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Jaizer said:

All I've seen was it wasn't financially viable. Like you think it's backwards step

Speedway is not financially viable , so why run it ?

bank holiday weekend , would love to stream it . a step back from this go ahead promotion !