British Speedway Forum

Panthers v Stars 18/04/22 5pm

57 minutes ago, maneacat said:

Baffling/utterly ridiculous entering the Car Park even for those like me that got there early to “avoid the crowds” .   As this was my first attendance this season from my position at the back of what was quite a long two lane queue at 3.10 I could not understand what the hold up was - NEVER seen this problem in many years of supporting Panthers.   On driving through the gateway turning left towards the Car Park the two lanes were combining into one due to Cars parked at that gate entrance (car park attendants cars no doubt)  which then continued like that to the start of the parking area where I realised most were queueing to enter the internal sanctum of the SHOWGROUND (season ticket holders I assume) which left the rest of us wishing to park and make our way to the turnstiles unable to do so!   What an utter cock up - sort it out Panthers or every meeting this season will need to start late to accommodate fans trying their best to enter on time!   

I have already e mailed Dale Allitt  re this as the lack of direction resulted in people having to queue when they did not need to. No reply as yet.  As wife a BB holder we now are able to park inside, this is not without its problems due to the new gates now being used. One of the problems on Monday were those who felt they did not have to queue steaming up the outside then trying to force their way into BB and VIP queue thus causing even further delays for those trying to get to normal parking area.  As I said earlier one particular chap seemed perfectly prepared to crash his car to achieve this. A number of people in camper vans tried the same ploy ,I originally thought they were riders  but now I wonder 

31 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I have already e mailed Dale Allitt  re this as the lack of direction resulted in people having to queue when they did not need to. No reply as yet.  As wife a BB holder we now are able to park inside, this is not without its problems due to the new gates now being used. One of the problems on Monday were those who felt they did not have to queue steaming up the outside then trying to force their way into BB and VIP queue thus causing even further delays for those trying to get to normal parking area.  As I said earlier one particular chap seemed perfectly prepared to crash his car to achieve this. A number of people in camper vans tried the same ploy ,I originally thought they were riders  but now I wonder 

yes, in the 10 mins we were watching the chaos we saw a number of queue jumpers. .. Strikes me the season ticket  'perk' is actually a disadvantage!  

They should open the gates at the bottom of the car park and have two lanes signposted from the mini roundabout.  Those going into the stadium keep left and those that are parking in the car park keep right and drive on to enter the car park using the bottom gates.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Speedway28 said:

I class myself as an avid speedway fan but am slowly giving up on watching the sport live. Constant, unreasonable delays at meetings with no information delivered explaining why. The racing didn’t start until 5.25pm despite a scheduled 5pm start time. Fed up of having to wait around for unjustifiable reasons. The constant stream of delayed start times due to the crowd still entering the stadium is ridiculous. 

You don't see any other sport held up waiting for people, they know what time meeting starts and that's when it should start, open the damn gates sooner.

23 hours ago, Speedway28 said:

I class myself as an avid speedway fan but am slowly giving up on watching the sport live. Constant, unreasonable delays at meetings with no information delivered explaining why. The racing didn’t start until 5.25pm despite a scheduled 5pm start time. Fed up of having to wait around for unjustifiable reasons. The constant stream of delayed start times due to the crowd still entering the stadium is ridiculous. 

Why the delay

1 hour ago, Warriors said:

You don't see any other sport held up waiting for people, they know what time meeting starts and that's when it should start, open the damn gates sooner.

I have known a champions league match to be held up for 45 minutes before.A crash on the motorway held thousands up so they delayed the KO

No reply as yet from Dale, in fairness he does not usually duck out of such things. If the queue jumpers were so called VIP's  I would suggest that "VERY IGNORANT PERSONS" would be a better appellation. All are equal at the gate but like "Animal Farm" some are more equal than others.

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

No reply as yet from Dale, in fairness he does not usually duck out of such things. If the queue jumpers were so called VIP's  I would suggest that "VERY IGNORANT PERSONS" would be a better appellation. All are equal at the gate but like "Animal Farm" some are more equal than others.

Do you really expect Dale to reply? He never has replied to anything I have emailed him concerning kings Lynn speedway. 

1 hour ago, mrss said:

Do you really expect Dale to reply? He never has replied to anything I have emailed him concerning kings Lynn speedway. 

He has always replied to me!!  It was my involvement  with him that got BB parking reinstated

Many things get my goat , but those that think they are so important that they are exempt from rules that apply to others  really annoy me. Peterborough Speedway VIP's and Boris come to mind.