British Speedway Forum

Newcastle vs Redcar Tyne Tees Trophy 2nd leg 10th April 2022 4pm

52 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't think it's convenient at all, as it's a challenge match I'm sure Newcastle would rather BWD was able to get race fit ahead of the league campaign. 

If it was a league match I'd agree with you, very convenient!

I think I'd start making plans for a replacement, god knows who like

6 hours ago, StevePark said:

Line-up change for Diamonds.  Ricky Wells guests at No 1 for the injured Bradley Wilson-Dean, who aggravated a shoulder injury last night.

Takes me back to my Sunday League playing days in the mid 80's and early 90's...

Used to get a tenner a game to replace some under performing, or "injured" players in big games...

Obviously no internet then so my registration was not quite up to speed, and no photo identification either...;)

Never an issue as long as I remembered who I was if (usually when), I got booked...:D

Always wondered why the refs never got suspicious when they booked me and I said my name was "Steve such and such", or "Paul somebody", when for the previous hour all the players were shouting "Mike"...:D

A mate of mine used to do the same and sometimes we were against each other and sometimes on the same side.. 

Looking back now, we were like the "Scotty and Bomber" of the Stockport and District Sunday League....:D

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Takes me back to my Sunday League playing days in the mid 80's and early 90's...

Used to get a tenner a game to replace some under performing, or "injured" players in big games...

Obviously no internet then so my registration was not quite up to speed, and no photo identification either...;)

Never an issue as long as I remembered who I was if (usually when), I got booked...:D

Always wondered why the refs never got suspicious when they booked me and I said my name was "Steve such and such", or "Paul somebody", when for the previous hour all the players were shouting "Mike"...:D

A mate of mine used to do the same and sometimes we were against each other and sometimes on the same side.. 

Looking back now, we were like the "Scotty and Bomber" of the Stockport and District Sunday League....:D

We have team sheets with players faces on them now lol 

41 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

We have team sheets with players faces on them now lol 

I know...:angry:

Wheres the fun?:D

My lad from U14 had photo registration on the FA website...

It does though mean any transfers he has had move over at a click of a button...

He now plays semi pro and got registered Friday and played the Monday after, earlier this season...

No "guests" anymore....:D

18 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Good effort from the diamonds, shows could be competitive at least at home if bwd scoring 2nd string points.

Redcar seem a bit weak in 2nd string department away from home to me. 

Agree with your last comment. Need Andersen and Roynon (especially on his home track last season) to score more.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

How convenient.

Seem to remember that BWD had a serious problem with shoulder blades a few years ago. They had separated. Hopefully he can get latest problem sorted as on form he's a very exciting talent. 

It's getting a bit silly now on here with people seeing conspiracy in every injury when reality is different and riders are genuinely injured. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Is he avoiding a certain Redcar rider seeking retribution maybe?

35 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Agree with your last comment. Need Andersen and Roynon (especially on his home track last season) to score more.

Anderson a bit all over the place & Adam seemed to trap ok but looked like he was spinning up ... Willey looked ok from his last ride at Newcastle & it was good to see complin getting a race win 

Decent effort from the Diamonds and would have deserved the 46-44 win they would have got had Starke not stopped when comfortably second in heat 13. 

Starke was very good and we know Clegg will score well around Brough. With Wright and Wethers solid and Complin potentially a potent reserve (heat 14 win was very encouraging) I think we would have a team that can certainly win most of our home meetings IF we had a proper number 1. Whether there is the money to bring one in and one is actually available is another matter but I hope they can do something as otherwise this season is going to be another struggle and in all honesty we will lose a number of home meetings and get battered on the road everywhere which is no good for anybody.

Not great racing with heats 8, 14 & 15 providing the only real passing. I don't know why there is no outside line now but it makes the racing far too predictable as we saw in heat 15 with Clegg trying to get around Starke to team ride to the match winning 3-3 but going backwards and eventually being passed up the inside by Lewi Kerr.

24 minutes ago, Jonnybegood said:

Problem shared is a problem halved …..or not .   

You obviously haven't a clue what's going & probably quite a lot of other posters don't have neither so if it's at all possible the less posts on the forums the better as it just poisons the lads even more 

44 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

You obviously haven't a clue what's going & probably quite a lot of other posters don't have neither so if it's at all possible the less posts on the forums the better as it just poisons the lads even more 

I know the details thank you . Sorry for the children involved . Who are you trying to protect ?