British Speedway Forum

Birmingham v Poole Championship. 13/04/22

Little bit early Oink! Snort snort! I am not leaving Poole for another hour! And that will still give us time to have something to eat in the shopping centre before heading to stadium.

How do MI5 pigs write top secret messages to one another? Through invisible oink!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Fair play to you...good luck with killing 6 hours in a sh#t hole as Perry Barr! 

Got me hotel room to chill in :t:

Admittedly PB is a tad ruff round the edges as I'm well versed in the area as I've been many times.

But alas fear not, this liddle piggy goes oink oink oink! :rofl:

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Well....I agree with your summisation about Morris v worrall....I also agree about using a reserve in Heat (I put that in an earlier thread...)

As for using weakest option against King? I think that's a no brainer because he will beat all of B'ham riders apart from may be 'Ellis' (if Ellis gates....)

I didn't say I agree with the normal routine of giving a reserve the heat 1 R/R.  I agree it is pointless using a stronger rider against King, didn't understand why King was 'King' when no other surname you mentioned merited an apostrophe.  Because you've inaugurate him as the King of Perry Barr track, perhaps :D

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Fair play to you...good luck with killing 6 hours in a sh#t hole as Perry Barr! 

In 6 hours Oink could easily walk into the City Centre & back and walk to Sandwell Valley & back, he doesn't have to stay in Perry Barr.

32 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Little bit early Oink! Snort snort! I am not leaving Poole for another hour! And that will still give us time to have something to eat in the shopping centre before heading to stadium.

How do MI5 pigs write top secret messages to one another? Through invisible oink!

This little oink as to leave early or he gets taken to market! :D

I'm at KFC One Stop, made a pig of meself! :rofl:

Oh dear, me jokes don't get any better! MI5......now there was a Trotter in the Piglet Files! :D

1 minute ago, solrac said:

I live in South Birmingham and it was a decent shower earlier, but only a shower. Forecast is good for tonight so seems odd. Did tip it down last night but I'd be surprised if track wasn't raceable. 

Photos on Brummies website would suggest otherwise

There was me cursing this morning as I was coming up with the Mrs and Baz. The Mrs got ill overnight so had to cancel the Prem Inn and of course the meeting.  As it happens we have saved a lot of money, and the Mrs is a feeling  a little better. Hope to make the rearranged meeting. 

Bad luck for Poole Supporters' who would have been en route by now, and really cruel luck for the new Birmingham regime who have been heavily advertising this meeting for the last week, so wouldn't have taken the decision to call it off, lightly.

They have had nothing but misfortune all year so far, but hopefully, their fortunes will change for the better soon.

• Like 1

Just got home. Got lucky considering only got 45 mins into the journey and just checked and saw the news. Not had a spit down here and perhaps would have gone on to watch the meeting at Oxford if it had not been a sellout.

It looks like the track got hit by a monsoon.

Just got back home from work, their have been showers on and off most of the day, at around 12 noon I was delivering within 1/4 mile of the track and actually went past the Stadium on my way up to Tamworth, then as I was heading through North Brum and Sutton Coldfield areas the heavens opened up, throughout the afternoon there were showers again some of them heavy, If any of that later batch of showers hit PB after the earlier monsoon then their was no chance of the meeting going ahead, Have to say I feel sorry for the promoters because Poole are always guaranteed to attract a decent crowd I understand why the promoters left it as late as possible, but in the end I suspect they had no option.