British Speedway Forum

Poole v Plymouth KO Cup 2nd leg 6/4/22

11 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Congratulations pirates and pirates fans well deserved piss poor from our heat leaders.

Agreed, some serious kickings need to be given. Don't care it's early in the season, riders with this level of experience shouldn't need loads of meetings to get going. Based on the two Poole meetings I fancy Redcar will be a long night on Friday too! Lets hope we get a good guest if Kennett isn't back.

19 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

When they do well I’ll praise them when there crap I’ll also say it no point sugarcoating it they’ve all been round Poole numerous times no excuses.

Just aswell Plymouth had Harris as guest as if Kennett had been fit I think the score would have been another 6 points for Poole's total as I don't think Kennett would have got 13 imo

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Feel for Ben Barker, he normally really good at Poole. Can pretty much expect a heatleader score and when he was on for a paid win his bike goes or something blew up on it! 

3 meetings in as many days ain't good for him as his bikes won't be at there best I'm afraid

Very entertaining meeting played out in cold and very windy conditions. Lots of very good racing on a superbly prepared billiard table track. Harris excellent guest finally beaten in heat 15 but was untouchable in his first 4 rides and not led until the final race. Plymouth lucky they had his as a guest.

Plenty of passing and fast times as well. All the Pirates putting in good performances. King had a bit of a mare with two tapes exclusions. Lawson looking a solid heat leader and good replacement for Schlein. Drew Kemp looking like a very solid reserve with 10 from 4 tonight. And Ablitt battled all night. Gilkes, who was excellent last night, was nowhere tonight, and a surprise. Expected better. Hans looks like a season too much, and perhaps should have followed Bjarne into retirement. 

Next stop Birmingham next Wednesday at Perry Bar, then Oxford next Friday and Leicester next Saturday. Bring them on!

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I can't see anyone getting 40 at Poole this year, as usual they are going to be incredibly strong at home. Which is going to make them very tough to beat over two legs.

I think we will be even stronger at home this year than last. Ben and Zack are dialled in, and Drew Kemp is banging in the points. Was named rider of the night last night. We should always have a scoring reserve. Lawson looking the perfect replacement for Schlein. 

Next week is going to show if we are a force to be reckoned with with trips to Brum and Leicester, and Oxford at home on Good Friday.

Just now, gazzac said:

Really pleased Lawson quickly shut up the negative posts quite a few Poole fans had with him before the season started.

I only remember Steve and FB voicing their concerns. But really Richard was always going to hit the ground running so I never had a problem with it after the shock wore off as I thought he was at Plymouth! 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

I only remember Steve and FB voicing their concerns. But really Richard was always going to hit the ground running so I never had a problem with it after the shock wore off as I thought he was at Plymouth! 

It seemed more, anyway look after the 3 from last year's Easties team, hopefully we'll have them back next year....

52 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Really pleased Lawson quickly shut up the negative posts quite a few Poole fans had with him before the season started.

i was not to keen on lawson coming to poole before the season started .he has hit the ground running .i would think he will soon be wearing the no 1 race jacket

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, ray c said:

i was not to keen on lawson coming to poole before the season started .he has hit the ground running .i would think he will soon be wearing the no 1 race jacket

There are riders that have never been that popular at Poole in the past. Rory Schlein and Richard Lawson were never popular due to old club rivalries, but don the skull and crossbones and ride for the team with 100% effort and we will support them. Schlein won over the fans, and Lawson will do the same if he continues as he has started.

• Like 4