British Speedway Forum

Premiership Pairs

9 hours ago, iainb said:

Having just posted that... I've now received an email from BSN telling me it won't be staged and I'm getting a refund. 

You would have thought BSPL would have been first with the news!

There are only two official homologated scraps of paper left so only one meeting can now be ran....

And special dispensation has had to be granted to use the same cardboard box for Leicester v Poole....

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mikebv said:

BSN do seem much more Professional than their BSP counterparts don't they?

Similar to the Speedway Star in that the sport is very lucky indeed to have such media outlets bringing it onto screens and in print...

The quality of both productions often belies the subject matter they get to work with...

I was wondering how to word that sentiment myself and you've nailed it! In their email to me it says they've manually got to process all of the refunds!

We'll probably be paying a premium next year to cover the fact that BSN are dealing with a bunch of amateurs in the BSPL

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Haza said:

I haven’t either so far 

Hi both.

Could you please check your spam to see if it has landed there? If not, then please check to make sure that you haven’t unsubscribed from our emails (this would be if you had selected not to receive any marketing from us).

An email was sent to everyone who purchased a BSN+ Bundle from us this morning, once we had received the news. I would recommend adding our group email account address (BSN@no-reply.uscreen.io) as a safe sender, so that your email doesn’t block them coming through.

Regards,

Ben Duffill (BSN)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jduffill said:

Hi both.

Could you please check your spam to see if it has landed there? If not, then please check to make sure that you haven’t unsubscribed from our emails (this would be if you had selected not to receive any marketing from us).

An email was sent to everyone who purchased a BSN+ Bundle from us this morning, once we had received the news. I would recommend adding our group email account address (BSN@no-reply.uscreen.io) as a safe sender, so that your email doesn’t block them coming through.

Regards,

Ben Duffill (BSN)

Got mine, thank you and sent a reply, hope you got that ......

9 hours ago, jduffill said:

Hi both.

Regards,

Ben Duffill (BSN)

Thanks for the help but as far as I can see I’ve received no email yet - now is it because I didn’t subscribe until round 2 onwards 

6 hours ago, Haza said:

Thanks for the help but as far as I can see I’ve received no email yet - now is it because I didn’t subscribe until round 2 onwards 

Please PM me with your email address and I’ll send a copy of the email we sent yesterday to you directly.

• Like 2

When the pairs was announced at the start of the season I was sceptical if it was really needed or would be taken serious. However I thought there was some good racing and over the years maybe could be built up as something worth winning. Then speedway does what speedway does best . Another shambles. BSN must wonder why they bothered with it. It's a shame the BSPL arnt as professional as BSN. In just one season the BSN coverage improved week on week and glitches ironed out and they kept subscribers informed

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Just watched the second round (Ipswich) on BSN & cannot stand how much they go on about finishing 2nd & 3rd wins the heat. Even if a team is miles behind & needs 3 x 7-2s to qualify, they'll be like "oh they are in a winning position here". 

Track was also terrible for this round, seemed impossible for anyone to pass (except Doyle) if your opponent rode a sensible line.

Also sadly to say, there was very little team riding at all.

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Just watched the second round (Ipswich) on BSN & cannot stand how much they go on about finishing 2nd & 3rd wins the heat. Even if a team is miles behind & needs 3 x 7-2s to qualify, they'll be like "oh they are in a winning position here". 

Track was also terrible for this round, seemed impossible for anyone to pass (except Doyle) if your opponent rode a sensible line.

Also sadly to say, there was very little team riding at all.

Don't worry, you've probably seen the last of that competition!

• Thanks 1