British Speedway Forum

Premiership Pairs

10 hours ago, WembleyLion said:

Round 5 at Leicester on 25 October!

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/calendar/2022-fixtures-results/

Is this the first round of the 2023 competition? Good thinking BSPL, getting ahead of themselves to save fixture congestion for next year!

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Is this the first round of the 2023 competition? Good thinking BSPL, getting ahead of themselves to save fixture congestion for next year!

More to the story here:

http://www.leicesterspeedway.com/news.php?extend.32092

Good that all six rounds are to be staged otherwise it would have been pretty much a foregone conclusion that Ipswich would take the title. They probably will anyway but a poor round at Leicester could spice up the final round at Belle Vue.

5 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Total farce of a sport

Every year they deliver it worse

The most successful season the powers that be had running the sport was the year covid put a stop to it

In your opinion. It's seemingly been a nightmare to find dates at Sheffield this year so why not have it at Leicester?

• Like 1

Just now, Falcon1983 said:

Because Leicester are not in the prem this season 

Leicester wont have two riders riding in it

To be honest the sport is so far adrift of professionalism i shouldn't contribute or say anything when something like this happens :rofl:

Before someone else comments, Leicester probably have more than 2 of their current side riding in it, but for other clubs

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Trees said:

In your opinion. It's seemingly been a nightmare to find dates at Sheffield this year so why not have it at Leicester?

Because Leicester isn't in the Premiership maybe?:D

Using that logic. With Peterborough, KL and Ipswich in it maybe Mildenhall could have been used? :D

Also..

The other five teams will have had home track advantage but Sheffield now wont..

Hardly making the competition a credible proposition really is it?

And Sheffield fans who want to go and watch it now have to travel 'away' to another track to do so..

All season to plan in one of only three competitions, and one that needed just six nights over seven months, (with the added advantage of fixed race nights), to complete it...

An amazing achievement...:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Leicester fans will turn up to maybe watch there riders ride for another team. Try explaining that. 7 months to get 6 meetings done on top of league meetings taking place after the play offs are finished. Don't normally do negative but this is a special type of incompetence 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

Because Leicester isn't in the Premiership maybe?:D

Using that logic. With Peterborough, KL and Ipswich in it maybe Mildenhall could have been used? :D

Also..

The other five teams will have had home track advantage but Sheffield now wont..

Hardly making the competition a credible proposition really is it?

And Sheffield fans who want to go and watch it now have to travel 'away' to another track to do so..

All season to plan in one of only three competitions, and one that needed just six nights over seven months, (with the added advantage of fixed race nights), to complete it...

An amazing achievement...:D

Obviously a compromise has had to be made, that's life eh, would it have been worse not running it?

34 minutes ago, Col said:

I have been looking for an excuse to go to Leicester for a few years, this gives me that.

I still wouldn't if I were you

5 minutes ago, Trees said:

Obviously a compromise has had to be made, that's life eh, would it have been worse not running it?

Would have looked better not running it at all imo...

Are Leicester going to make all of the gate profits on a meeting that they have no riders to pay in? And Sheffield are going to make no gate profits on a meeting that should have been at their home track...? Stinks

Edited by Diamonds85

6 hours ago, Trees said:

Ah tress somehow managing to defend the shambles that is British speedway. 

A pairs competition that they can't complete, a season opening league cup with the final in October & the league championship decided via a play off system. Even though there are two remaining league fixtures to run, one of which could have changed who finished 1st & 2nd & therefore who faced who in the semi finals & therefore who was in the final to decide the championship.

But yes tress there ain't much wrong!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I still wouldn't if I were you

Would have looked better not running it at all imo...

Are Leicester going to make all of the gate profits on a meeting that they have no riders to pay in? And Sheffield are going to make no gate profits on a meeting that should have been at their home track...? Stinks

BSPL Meeting, gate receipts to them, BSPL pay the prize money, so makes no difference. Any incidental income/expenses for the clubs involved? They have the same Owners, so I hardly think anyone is going to lose as much sleep over the change of venue as you are

• Like 3