British Speedway Forum

Premiership Pairs

If the round at Sheffield does not take place then the title goes to Ipswich as they cannot be caught. Even if they finish last at Belle Vue they will be on 40 points. Their closest challengers are King's Lynn on 26.

1 hour ago, tocha said:

If the round at Sheffield does not take place then the title goes to Ipswich as they cannot be caught. Even if they finish last at Belle Vue they will be on 40 points. Their closest challengers are King's Lynn on 26.

Would Ipswich not stay on 38 points if last?

Suspect that the Sheffield round won't happen. If so, why not announce it now?

2 hours ago, Col said:

Not really sure why the meeting scheduled at Owlerton is the Monday & the meeting at the NSS is on the Thursday.  Surely the natural order of things would be vice versa.

This is British Speedway promoters don't forget, defied any kind of logic or common sense for years, and I use the term 'promoters' very, very loosely obviously...

5 hours ago, Col said:

Not really sure why the meeting scheduled at Owlerton is the Monday & the meeting at the NSS is on the Thursday.  Surely the natural order of things would be vice versa.

The pairs match at Sheffield on 24th, October, is not happening, at least not on this date, they are now scheduled to ride the outstanding Ipswich fixture.

Anyone else wondering why bother with this now especially if their not running the 5th round. I thought this could have been a good idea, the first 4 produced some decent racing and was building up nice then it disappeared and as now turned into a pointless shambles

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, bruno said:

Anyone else wondering why bother with this now especially if their not running the 5th round. I thought this could have been a good idea, the first 4 produced some decent racing and was building up nice then it disappeared and as now turned into a pointless shambles

I'm wondering where I go to for my refund as I attended the Peterborough leg on the understanding that this was leg 1 of 6.

Why would any Speedway fan buy into ANY competition that is staged if they're not going to fulfil it?

Edited by iainb
  • Like 3

The six rounds could be completed if round 5 is at Sheffield on Thursday 27th and the final one at Belle Vue  on Monday 31st or even the previous day in the afternoon leaving Monday as a back-up day. All subject to stadium availability though.