British Speedway Forum

Premiership Pairs

4 hours ago, MattB said:

David Norris wasn't averse to throwing the odd gesture to us when he won a heat at Monmore (though he always seemed to do it out of the view of the referee!)  

I miss Floppy, we loved to hate him at Lynn, he hated the Lynn track :D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

Think he got a ban for that one

Fair play it certainly got the crowd going.

In history for this action Bill Bridgett as Wolves Promoter would have paid Andy Smith £50 for his actions and invited him to the next Open Meeting at Monmore.

It was called Speedway Promoting back then!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lefty said:

Fair play it certainly got the crowd going.

In history for this action Bill Bridgett as Wolves Promoter would have paid Andy Smith £50 for his actions and invited him to the next Open Meeting at Monmore.

It was called Speedway Promoting back then!

It's a strange one because I was at that meeting and totally missed anything happening, so I was quite surprised to read about it in the star a week later

15 hours ago, Trees said:

Was always good value on the TV too when on commentary...

Pity he still doesnt do it.. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Trees said:

49 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Was always good value on the TV too when on commentary...

Pity he still doesnt do it.. 

Such a character and funny too. Need more of his like now, but he did come from a different simpler era ( like me) . We ( Eastbourne) voted him the all time ultimate Eagle a few years ago, bear in mind that included Nicki P, Martin Dugard, Gordon Kennet, Mark Loram, Kelly Moran etc etc , he was the all time highest points scorer for Eastie but shows the high regard he was held as a rider and perhaps more so a character. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Such a character and funny too. Need more of his like now, but he did come from a different simpler era ( like me) . We ( Eastbourne) voted him the all time ultimate Eagle a few years ago, bear in mind that included Nicki P, Martin Dugard, Gordon Kennet, Mark Loram, Kelly Moran etc etc , he was the all time highest points scorer for Eastie but shows the high regard he was held as a rider and perhaps more so a character. 

Finally realised he possessed so much talent and that if he applied himself a bit more he could definitely compete on the world stage..

Just a shame it wasnt a few years earlier given how good he actually ended up...

Maybe "enjoyed himself" a bit too much for too long down at Eastie?;)

A true character of the sport...

• Like 2

On 7/20/2022 at 4:19 PM, mikebv said:

Finally realised he possessed so much talent and that if he applied himself a bit more he could definitely compete on the world stage..

Just a shame it wasnt a few years earlier given how good he actually ended up...

Maybe "enjoyed himself" a bit too much for too long down at Eastie?;)

A true character of the sport...

i think the year he was called up to the world cup and was absolutely brilliant for the team showed a lot of people how good he could be

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stevehone said:

i think the year he was called up to the world cup and was absolutely brilliant for the team showed a lot of people how good he could be

It was a fantastic year, unfortunately a badly broken leg ( catapulted over the air fence onto the concrete stock car track nearly hitting the tractor ) concussion injuries , and a badly burnt arm being caught under the rear guard dragged along by Troy Batchelor if I remember ( before they had to hug the wheel) really put paid to those endeavours which was a shame.

Edited by gazzac

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Apparently the next round of the Premiership Pairs is at Sheffield on Thursday night.

Apparently it is.

Starke and King for Ipswich.Hawkins says they use the months averages a month prior to the event that is why they can use Starke as he was then 4th in their averages then.

Lynn are allowed to use Klindt even though he wasn't in the averages last month.

Sheffield are using Howarth even though he was 5th in Sheffields average last month.Although with releasing Cook and the injury to Ellis that only left Musielak.

So in reality now,it's pick who you want and not 2 out of your top 4.

Edit:Just having looked at the previous events in July Wolves used Worrall at Lynn,he was 5th in their averages the previous month and Peterborough used Nicholls at Wolves,he was 5th in their averages the previous month.

So who is telling the truth,seems like the same old thing is happening here and it is do as you like and carry on.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 3

Why have King's Lynn been allowed to use Klindt, but we can't use Tungate. It's make the rules up as you go along. Are they trying to make it so it's all closer going into the last round and it won't be all over. Can't see the Witches getting anything out of this, by far the weakest pairing.

14 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Apparently it is.

Starke and King for Ipswich.Hawkins says they use the months averages a month prior to the event that is why they can use Starke as he was then 4th in their averages then.

Lynn are allowed to use Klindt even though he wasn't in the averages last month.

Sheffield are using Howarth even though he was 5th in Sheffields average last month.Although with releasing Cook and the injury to Ellis that only left Musielak.

So in reality now,it's pick who you want and not 2 out of your top 4.

It sounds a lot like pick whoever is prepared to do it. :neutral:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bash said:

Why have King's Lynn been allowed to use Klindt, but we can't use Tungate. It's make the rules up as you go along. Are they trying to make it so it's all closer going into the last round and it won't be all over. Can't see the Witches getting anything out of this, by far the weakest pairing.

It's basically pick who you want,obviously Tungate can't be asked.Afterall Hawkins has said you use the previous months averages which isn't strictly true as Worrall and Nicholls wouldn't have been allowed in the July events.You now know it's pick who you want if they are available and willing.

This was a decent event up until now.

Tomorrow's teams are taking the p1ss and devalues the whole tournament.

I have no issue with teams using who they want in their teams, but why no Doyle, Fricke, Zagar....and I'm not really sure why Lynn have gone for Lawson over Pickers as I'd have thought he was a deffo round his old track. 

Have the top teams been told to field substandard teams to even things up before the final round?

No wonder there has been no promotion of this event. British Speedway doing its best to screw things up yet again

Edited by kelvinht
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

This was a decent event up until now.

Tomorrow's teams are taking the p1ss and devalues the whole tournament.

I have no issue with teams using who they want in their teams, but why no Doyle, Fricke, Zagar....and I'm not really sure why Lynn have gone for Lawson over Pickers as I'd have thought he was a deffo round his old track. 

Have the top teams been told to field substandard teams to even things up before the final round?

No wonder there has been no promotion of this event. British Speedway doing its best to screw things up yet again

Doyle is injured from the GP at the weekend or feeling second hand anyway.The same maybe for Pickering after his fall last week against Ipswich unsure.