British Speedway Forum

Premiership Pairs

8 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Interesting. So the racing is normally rubbish at Monmore, because Wolves are crap and the opposition are even worse ?

Or have I misunderstood ? Logically you may think that when the riders are of a similar standard , the racing would be better.

I do however, appreciate that you say that there is good racing at Monmore. Not many people say that sadly.

I remember some excellent meetings when Poole were in the top flight. In general I don't think it is as good as it used to be but I have always praised Wolverhampton. It is a good racetrack. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

So you are saying when he doesn't trap he doesn't bother. 

Nope didn’t say that at all, simply saying that when he traps he can be very difficult to pass. Certainly wouldn’t  “expect” the likes of Fricke and Kurtz to catch and pass him. Think it’s well known that when Batch misses the gate then he’s not a thrill merchant racer but he’s far from alone in that regard these days sadly. Having said that, I’ve seen Batch make a few cracking passes this year. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Nope didn’t say that at all, simply saying that when he traps he can be very difficult to pass. Certainly wouldn’t  “expect” the likes of Fricke and Kurtz to catch and pass him. Think it’s well known that when Batch misses the gate then he’s not a thrill merchant racer but he’s far from alone in that regard these days sadly. Having said that, I’ve seen Batch make a few cracking passes this year. 

I would expect Fricke and Kurtz to pass Batchelor with a degree of comfort although Batchelor does seem to be riding a little  better now. 

Love it when the riders dish it out,,, should be done at every meeting,,,, trouble is,, too many fairies live among us these days. 

I remember Bob Dugard trying to get through a fence to tell us what he thought of us at Easty once,, it turned it into a fab night and one that will never be forgotten. 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

LOL good ol Batch upsetting a few again. You love to see it :D

Let's see more of it.God it use to happen all the time back in the day when they were playing to a much bigger audience.Fans use to get so involved then.Problem now is there are to many snowflakes around who get upset/offended far too easily.

• Like 8

Well done to Ipswich and they deserve to be well ahead but it feels a bit like when Andy Murray single handedly won the Davis Cup for GB the other year, having the best rider in the league by a mile is proving a big advantage despite his inability or unwillingness to team ride. Not their fault, they are the best team under the format and good luck to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Well done to Ipswich and they deserve to be well ahead but it feels a bit like when Andy Murray single handedly won the Davis Cup for GB the other year, having the best rider in the league by a mile is proving a big advantage despite his inability or unwillingness to team ride. Not their fault, they are the best team under the format and good luck to them.

But it wasn't won singlehandedly ...one riders scores won't win these rounds alone would it? It goes a fair way but not totally reliant on Doyle

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

But it wasn't won singlehandedly ...one riders scores won't win these rounds alone would it? It goes a fair way but not totally reliant on Doyle

Absolutely but he's a massive part of them being miles clear. Haven't added it up but I suspect he's the top scorer by some margin across the four rounds so far.

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Love it when the riders dish it out,,, should be done at every meeting,,,, trouble is,, too many fairies live among us these days. 

I remember Bob Dugard trying to get through a fence to tell us what he thought of us at Easty once,, it turned it into a fab night and one that will never be forgotten. 

We all gave old Bob a hard time, I'm sure he loved it, he had Eastbourne coursing through his blood!

• Like 2

Fair play to Batch .. see this is  what in missing in the sport these days the villian type rider ... Speedway is far to friendly these days . Riders in each team shaking hands and hanging around with each other in the pits etc . The sport needs the  nicki pedersens of this world more than ever 

• Like 4