British Speedway Forum

Premiership Pairs

The insurmountable problem of trying to split two pairs in a head-to-head heat. All that matters is who comes last, which is why Doyle slowed just as Morris was checking who was behind. Could have been a nasty one.

It would have been much better if heat 15 had been the decider with Belle Vue as top point scorers being winners on the night.

14 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

I am afraid you have broken a cardinal rule of the forum  there is never, ever any good racing at Monmore. Do 100 lines and go to bed without any supper.

I always think there is good racing at Monmore, but it is when the level of rider there is of a higher standard..

Ht 13, and 15 stand out often when I have been there, given four quality riders usually take part..

It's when the second strings and reserves ride that it becomes very spaced out and follow the leader .

British Finals always seemed decent from there as an example given most races had three or more Div 1 heat leaders in them..

14 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I always think there is good racing at Monmore, but it is when the level of rider there is of a higher standard..

Ht 13, and 15 stand out often when I have been there, given four quality riders usually take part..

It's when the second strings and reserves ride that it becomes very spaced out and follow the leader .

British Finals always seemed decent from there as an example given most races had three or more Div 1 heat leaders in them..

Interesting. So the racing is normally rubbish at Monmore, because Wolves are crap and the opposition are even worse ?

Or have I misunderstood ? Logically you may think that when the riders are of a similar standard , the racing would be better.

I do however, appreciate that you say that there is good racing at Monmore. Not many people say that sadly.

7 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Interesting. So the racing is normally rubbish at Monmore, because Wolves are crap and the opposition are even worse ?

Or have I misunderstood ? Logically you may think that when the riders are of a similar standard , the racing would be better.

I do however, appreciate that you say that there is good racing at Monmore. Not many people say that sadly.

The lesser talented riders struggle round wolves or new foreigners to the league so the racing can be a bit poor. But when you have a meeting like the pairs which is a heat 15 every race. Then they can race the track and use it’s full potential. 

• Like 1